Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 Cams

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Here's mine w/o the 4 degree advance.
very nice numbers, now if you could move that tq curve 3 or 400 rpm to the left that would be awesome, that's what i'd like to see if the 4 deg adv would do.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's EXACTLY what the advance gear would do for you. As a matter of fact I would have gotten that if I knew more about it at the time of the cam install. If I remember correctly, it would have only been an extra hundred dollars, but we never discussed it until after the cam install and tuning were done. In hindsight I would have done it, but I'm definitely still loving what Jamie's set me up with.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm real lucky next year (or so) I'd like to do a cam and possibly a head swap, so I'm looking to see what you get out of that 103 Jamie.

Question though Jamie, I'm told the 103 on the Limited is the same 103 I have in my '09 Police Glide. If so, when I looked up the part numbers I noticed the heads (and cams) on my 103 are the same as the 96 motor. It would seem the heads would choke it a bit, all else being equal. Would a head change make a difference enough to warrant a $1K+ investment? Probably more $ than that I'm guessing.

For now Jamie, I'll be tickled to death if the AutoTune maps will give Keith some insight as to why my bike runs so horrible. Very cool you guys are willing to look into the problem. Thanks for that.

Oh, and post a video too after that cam install to give us little treat for the ears!

Old 07-29-2010, 07:21 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jamie,

This is Alan, the guy who sent you an '09 ZX-10R Power Commander 5 to be retrofitted for an '06 ZX-10R.. You should have got it today...

Anyway... Since we are talking Harley's and Wood cams, how would this new TW-555 compare to the TW-408-44?

Isn't that what the TW-408-44 was designed to do? Go in the 103-107" 10.5:1 compression bikes?

I'd love to hear more on this... It is gonna be interesting to see your results of those three builds.. I'd send you a set of TW-408-44's to swap in and out to compare as well if you'd like.

Alan

Old 07-29-2010, 07:44 PM
bluegrassboy
Tourer

is the woods 555 like the se255?.......my 103" felt a good bit stronger with the 255 from idle to 3k than with the tw6-6 that's currently in it......a little above 3k the tw6-6 might be a little better at least the per the dyno sheet it appears to take off...although..I can't tell much of a difference riding........the hp and tq peak higher with the tw6-6 on the sheet...but it's just not at an rpm where I ride......day to day riding I preferred the 255.....I'll either be going back to the 255 or going bigger altogether w/head and internal work........going to talk w/my tuner and decide soon.....

Old 07-29-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike07FLHTC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-29-2010, 08:09 PM
gmjhd
Cruiser

Don`t let Doc Slick`s install your cams ,he will screw it all up.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:28 PM
pworks
Advanced

Originally Posted by gmjhd
Don`t let Doc Slick`s install your cams ,he will screw it all up.
How so?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:08 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
If I'm real lucky next year (or so) I'd like to do a cam and possibly a head swap, so I'm looking to see what you get out of that 103 Jamie.

Question though Jamie, I'm told the 103 on the Limited is the same 103 I have in my '09 Police Glide. If so, when I looked up the part numbers I noticed the heads (and cams) on my 103 are the same as the 96 motor. It would seem the heads would choke it a bit, all else being equal. Would a head change make a difference enough to warrant a $1K+ investment? Probably more $ than that I'm guessing.

For now Jamie, I'll be tickled to death if the AutoTune maps will give Keith some insight as to why my bike runs so horrible. Very cool you guys are willing to look into the problem. Thanks for that.

Oh, and post a video too after that cam install to give us little treat for the ears!
The 103 limited and 103 police models respond excellent to a cam swap utilizing the stock heads. We consistenly see upper 90's for HP/105+ Tq with a TW6-6 cam swap on these models and we are excited to see how the TW-555 performs. Sky is the limit with cylinder heads and you will certainly see gains there as well. I recommend when planning your mods setting a target point for Hp/Tq and working out the best combination to meet these goals.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by bluegrassboy
is the woods 555 like the se255?.......my 103" felt a good bit stronger with the 255 from idle to 3k than with the tw6-6 that's currently in it......a little above 3k the tw6-6 might be a little better at least the per the dyno sheet it appears to take off...although..I can't tell much of a difference riding........the hp and tq peak higher with the tw6-6 on the sheet...but it's just not at an rpm where I ride......day to day riding I preferred the 255.....I'll either be going back to the 255 or going bigger altogether w/head and internal work........going to talk w/my tuner and decide soon.....
The TW6-6 and SE 255 cams are quite different. The SE 255's strong point is the very low RPM performance, however they do not make the mid range and upper performance of some other cams, we have seen a 10+ HP difference in the upper RPM's. It all depends where you want to make power. If you are looking to make power a bit earlier that you are with the TW6-6 I would simply install the +4 advance gear which will bring the power in approx 200-400 RPM's earlier and would not require a cam swap.

Quick Reply: New Wood Knight Prowler TW-555 Cams