Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Reduced Reach Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Cost me $85.00 to have my seat reupholstered and made the way I want. But then I turned around and put a Mustang on it with backrest.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Jlf FLHX
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Reduced Reach

Just a word to say my Super Reduced Reach seat arrrived today and I wasted no time on the installation. It lowered me about 1.5 inches, which was perfect. However, it also moves you 2 plus inches forward. I wasn't sure I liked that but the only way to know for sure was to go for a ride. Even though it is 110 degrees here I went for a 100 mile loop and discovered I really think I like the seat. Moving forward makes it easier on my back, in several ways, the lower seat helps with stability on the stops and being lower in the saddle keeps my right hand from falling asleep so easily. So over all I think it was money well spent.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Jtsantes
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super reduced seat

Originally Posted by Jlf FLHX
Just a word to say my Super Reduced Reach seat arrrived today and I wasted no time on the installation. It lowered me about 1.5 inches, which was perfect. However, it also moves you 2 plus inches forward. I wasn't sure I liked that but the only way to know for sure was to go for a ride. Even though it is 110 degrees here I went for a 100 mile loop and discovered I really think I like the seat. Moving forward makes it easier on my back, in several ways, the lower seat helps with stability on the stops and being lower in the saddle keeps my right hand from falling asleep so easily. So over all I think it was money well spent.
Glad this seat worked for you. As I mentioned in my post, the height was good (similar to my MCC modified "new" Low profile touring seat) but I felt jammed between the back of the seat and the tank. I really liked the sitting HD's original reach seat that was on a fully lowered FL in a show room, so perhaps the new Reduced Reach Seat the MOCO came out with might be a better compromise for me. The only problem is my wife might kill me if I buy yet another seat, but WTF, it's about feeling good on the ride, right?

Old 08-15-2010, 09:30 AM
ORIGSQUIG
Novice

Originally Posted by UltraClassicElectraGlide
A few new items listed in the Accessory catalog in the Touring section. A new Super Reduced Reach Seat for some of us not-so-long legged.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Will be waiting for feedback once a few here have purchased regarding the seat comfort and support.

Some cool paint tins too, but $4500 and it's an exchange?! Could spend a lot less by having my bike painted locally.
LePera seat are more comfotable then the Harley seats and they will add padding where ever you need it, they also have reduced reach seats as well. Dumbassbiker.com has good prices on LePera seats and can custom order what you need

Old 08-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlf FLHX
Thanks for the review. I'm ordering one from Zanottis tomorrow.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:02 PM
rdstreetglide09
Stage II

Got mine today. It's not as comfortable as the original reach seat but I'm 5' 51/2" and it puts my feet flat on the ground with my knees bent. I have more control of the bike turning, cornering, stopping ect since I'm sitting closer to the handle bars. Seem's like I'm in a better center of gravity spot. It's a different feel that you will have to get used to. Not sure how it's going to feel on an all day ride. I got it so I can put the feet flat on the ground and it dose just that. I have much more control when stoped now. This seat is not going to be right for everyone. You'll just have to try it to see if it fits your needs.

Last edited by rdstreetglide09; 08-15-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:47 PM
ilmanzo31
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no disrespect to you shorter guys trying to fit better on a touring bike. but when the f*ck is harley gunna make a seat for us tall sob's!!!??!?!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Roadbiker3
Novice

I really hope this seat feels great but as far as looks go, I think they could have done a better job on the flow of this seat. I just could not stand looking at this thing on a daily basis, I don't care how comfortable it is. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I can't be the only one that finds this seat ugly as hell!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
myking
Cruiser

Let us know after there broken in how comfortable they are. My reach seat sure isn't on longer rides. Looks like you could just take seat off and put a towel down.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadbiker3
I mean correct me if I'm wrong but I can't be the only one that finds this seat ugly as hell!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For height-disadvantaged riders, the lower height and better safety might be worth the price of not looking directly at it; can't really see it when you're riding anyway. No matter how ugly the seat is, dropping the bike at a stoplight or trying to back-up is a lot uglier.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 09-15-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Super Reduced Reach Seat