Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cary Faas mufflers

Old 07-29-2010, 03:32 PM
pepper6857
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware Cary Faas mufflers

This is just a heads up on anyone considering the purchase of the Cary Faas slipons. After I purchased these slipons, one side began to turn blue and gold. I contacted the shop where I purchased them and after they contacted Faas they where told that these were the old pipes that were not double walled and did not have the new fiberglass insulation in them. I was told that they could be sent back and they would double wall them but not fix the discoloration. This seemed odd to me so I called the company direct and lo and behold was told the same thing. Now how is that for customer service. I will never purchase another product made by Cary Faas and would advise others to steer clear of them as well. Too many companies making too many products to put up with being treated like crap on a purchase that large. Curious if others have experienced the same problem with these pipes.

Last edited by pepper6857; 07-29-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: correct mistakes
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM
SMSgt B
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't comment on your particular problem but I have a set of slipons (Black) on order and still waiting for them. I ordered them on 29 May and should have them mid-June but they made chrome, not black. Then I was told my black set would be ready by mid-July, but now they say mid-Aug because they are making chrome sets first. If I don't get them by mid-Aug, I will get my $$$ back and order the new Rinehart 4" black slipons.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
cfrinc
5th Gear
Default Cfr

Your statement is incorrect. I stated that the discoloration was due to an inaccurate tune. Regards,Cary.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:27 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

I've had my CFR's for a while now with no issues. Mine are black though.

I did call them to see about purchasing some dual headers when I was in the market and was told they would not be ready for about two months. I ended up going with V&H dressers.

Everytime I've called them, I've gotten nothing but good service.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Sorry guys, I am with Cary and other manufacturers on this. I put a set of pipes on my bike, it is not properly tuned for that setup, I trash the pipes, ( turn blue, black whatever)I ask the manufacturer to fix it? Whats wrong with that whine?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 AM
My Fix
Cruiser
Question Cary Faas ?

Pepper what year bike do you have and what is it ? I've been around harley's for years and have not ever heard of these mufflers . Are they new to the market or what !

Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by cfrinc
Your statement is incorrect. I stated that the discoloration was due to an inaccurate tune. Regards,Cary.
Cary, I have your slip-ons and I'm very happy with them. I'm also very happy with your services. You helped me last year when you replaced at no cost to me one of the muffler tips which had a defect in the chrome.
I have recommended your product to several friends and I have yet to find someone who doesn't say "Wow!" when listening to my exhaust.
You have great products, keep it up!

Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

I love the looks of the CFR's but have heard they are very hard to tune????

Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ncbeast
I dunno, I have the CFR slip-ons with Dresser Duals headers and a PCV and my 09 Ultra runs great. I use a canned map that Jamie at Fuel Moto sent me and I just tweaked the table at 0% throttle between 1,250 and 3,750 rpm to eliminate some popping that I had.
Am I looking for the greatest possible output? No. I want decent performance, decent gas mileage, no popping or backfiring, no excessive heat and no discoloration and I got that out of the box with a very simple mod.
I haven't had my bike dynoed and I don't plan to.
I ride my bike on country roads, and I'm interested in visiting places with beautiful scenery, not to break records on the 1/4 mile or to run circles around my riding buddies'.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:57 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ncbeast
I've read that too. I'm still of the opinion that if internal mods are done to motor, they will become hard to tune.

I have a PC-5, V&H Dresser Duals, K&N, and CFR's. I recently took it for a dyno tune and couldn't be happier. The sound is amazing, but the throttle response is incredible now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cary Faas mufflers