Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS Mapping App for IPhone 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Fast Aire
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default GPS Mapping App for IPhone 5

I put this here thinking the Touring guys would use mapping more than others...

What I'm hoping to find is one that will trace my movements as a I wander around the mountains, record mileage & such.

I also plan to use it for hiking in the mountains. I know some higher end GPS devices have a "home" button that will show you the way once its set...push it before you start & always know how to get back.

The IPhone 5 came with a decent app & there are multiples available but just thought Id see what others are using & hopefully cut my search time down.

Thanks

Old 03-12-2013, 12:10 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This doesn't really answer your question but may help in a search.

I would see what apps Garmin may have.

I have a small Garmin 305 gps I use on my mountain bike. It can track lots of different info. Route, mileage, average speed, evaluation gains and loss, etc. You can then connect it to Garmin Connect online and see lots of different graphs and info.

Sample of info on Garmin Connect

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2...kuM-5h4.mailto

I am not sure if Garmin has a app that would be similar but worth a look. You may be better off with a second unit if planning on using to hike though, as the gps will drain your phone battery pretty quick. Dead phone out hiking won't help much. That's why I quit using some of the GPS apps I had on my phone and bought a separate unit for bikeing.

If Garmin doesn't have a app one of the apps designed for running or bikeing would probably do what you want.

Map my ride, runtastic are just a couple.

Last edited by bberck; 03-12-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if it do what you want but I have Map My Tracks app that I use to just see how far I walk sometime. It will save it for future review also. Like bberck said they will run the battery down. I also use the TomTom app for traveling.