Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Citizen Band Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Citizen Band Radio

I know this might be in the wrong place but I thought this is where the people with the know how are. I have an 06 Ultra. I put a J&M headset on in Oct last and now my CB doesn't work. I contacted Iron Cross Audio and he mentioned there was a problem between Midland and Hd on the 06 model CB. So here is my question, Has anyone heard of this and found anything about it. Who can I talk to, to get this fixed. If you have someone at the MoCo that can help then please let me know.

Thanks

Old 08-12-2010, 06:19 AM
NYRobG
Advanced

Please be more descriptive of what the symptoms are. That might help someone diagnose the problem. Can you hear other CB's and not transmit?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain

There is no Tx Or Rx. I have tried to get other bikes to hear me but there is no break in squelch for them and none on mine when they Tx. I have tried using my auto CB and the only way I could get anything is to have the auto detuned to a different channel either up or down I can not remember which. I have tried using the old HD head sets but that did nothing either. Ran the radio self test and nothing found.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 AM
ridzalot
Tourer

Make sure the pa switch is in transmit position.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:50 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have the owner manual and are you following the CB operation instructions?

I had a bit of a problem understanding the operation of the CB radio on my '09 Ultra Classic.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverearl
I know this might be in the wrong place but I thought this is where the people with the know how are. I have an 06 Ultra. I put a J&M headset on in Oct last and now my CB doesn't work. I contacted Iron Cross Audio and he mentioned there was a problem between Midland and Hd on the 06 model CB. So here is my question, Has anyone heard of this and found anything about it. Who can I talk to, to get this fixed. If you have someone at the MoCo that can help then please let me know.

Thanks
No, I don't know anyone at the MOCO you can call, but you can use the HD 2006 Electrical Diagnostic Manual to further explore what your problem is with CB transmit and receive. Try your local HD service department and ask to look at their copy. There's an extensive diagnostic test protocol for CB issues.

Carl

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

silverEarl ,,,,,

top left button on the radio I believe ,, Labeled "Com" ,,,,, press it, now display will show CB with an on/off icon in the display ,,,,,

press the button next to the icon to turn the CB on ,,,,, then immediately reduce the squelch to minimum using left handlebar control ,,,, adjust to desired channel using the right side handlebar control ,,,,

then adjust the volume of the CB using the left handlebar control,,, and also push the speaker rocker switch right below the radio to the all the way forward position to bring the CB audio into your helmet headset ,,,,

when you have the CB all set up the way you want ,,,, now press the "Com" button again to return all other functions to the audio system ,,,,,

please let me know how you do ,,,,,,