Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, so what are the rules regarding patch placement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 09:45 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Unless specified by HOG, believe the only patch that reserves a specific place is our American flag.

(all American flag patches listed below are approximately 3" x 2").

1) If you served in the armed forces the American flag has a outlined border in gold.

2) Also accepted today is stealth or Black Ops American flag shades of grey white & black.

3) If you like to show honor & respect to your country, and have not served. You can wear "Old Glory" the red white & blue (without gold border) honorably.

All American flags above are asked to be worn over your heart (in front left side) high on shoulder as no other patch is honored above the American flag. (any other patches can be worn below our flag) and is considered respectable.

One note like to mention as I see some people do not understand, our American flag that is worn on arm just below shoulders left or right should always have field of blue towards our front or lead in direction you are walking. (Never display right flag on left side, or vise-a-versa as this will indicate a retreat) that is extremely dishonorable.

B Bop WEAR IT PROUDLY.

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

Last edited by B Bop; 07-20-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

I didn't notice this was a 10 year old thread until I noticed a post from DrukanFu.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:15 PM
B Bop
Road Captain

This thread doesn't have a shelf life nor is it like milk, it doesn't expire.... We are all good.

B Bop

Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

A politician is a fellow who will lay down “your” life for his country.

Last edited by B Bop; 07-17-2017 at 11:46 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

There are 'rules' for such things? OMG! I joined HOG as a Founder in 1983 and don't have enough surface area to wear my collection of HOG patches, but am resigned to my fate.....

Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM
oldsoldier181
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 12,651 Likes on 4,354 Posts

I opted for a denim vest for my HOG stuff, because I like the pins, and leather on leather kinda looks, well, redundant to me. I have a leather HOG vest, but the only things on it are the HOG chapter, the eagle, and the flag. Everything else is on my denim one (I opted to put the pins on instead of the patches).
My PGR vest is fairly unadorned. I have the reflective triangle patch on the back, a couple of PGR patches on the front, and some various service related patches placed on the vest. This one is also denim.
Where whatever you want. Vest or no. For every naysayer of one, someone else supports it.
But, end of the day, neither of their opinions count, as its YOUR choice, and YOU are riding.

Old 07-18-2017, 12:28 PM
B Bop
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldsoldier181
I opted for a denim vest for my HOG stuff, because I like the pins, and leather on leather kinda looks, well, redundant to me. I have a leather HOG vest, but the only things on it are the HOG chapter, the eagle, and the flag. Everything else is on my denim one (I opted to put the pins on instead of the patches).
My PGR vest is fairly unadorned. I have the reflective triangle patch on the back, a couple of PGR patches on the front, and some various service related patches placed on the vest. This one is also denim.
Where whatever you want. Vest or no. For every naysayer of one, someone else supports it.
But, end of the day, neither of their opinions count, as its YOUR choice, and YOU are riding.
Absolutely, you are correct! Buuuut some words of wisdom, when drinking alcohol can have an adverse effect on what you believe is right and what the opposing parties believe is right and you may be included with their favorite pass time... Just a friendly heads up for those who choose to play it safe, others rock & roll brother!.
B Bop

Great spirits have always encountered violent oppositions from mediocre minds.

Last edited by B Bop; 07-18-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:27 PM
onewicked1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow kinda screwed up as to if I should even ask but wtf here it is. As a single mother who loves bikes, My rock n roll son has decided to wear the all black Harley emblem on his rock n roll denim jacket. Out of respect to all bikers, posers and everything in between, where can I respectfully sew his patch on his jacket that will be acceptable to anyone out of respect and admiration for Harley riders club or no club;.
Thankx

Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 AM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,118 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by onewicked1
Wow kinda screwed up as to if I should even ask but wtf here it is. As a single mother who loves bikes, My rock n roll son has decided to wear the all black Harley emblem on his rock n roll denim jacket. Out of respect to all bikers, posers and everything in between, where can I respectfully sew his patch on his jacket that will be acceptable to anyone out of respect and admiration for Harley riders club or no club;.
Thankx
Wherever you please. No one will care.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Wodan
Banned
Received 135 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by onewicked1
As a single mother who loves bikes ...
Forget the patch for a moment, I'd just post that first line as a new topic and you'll probably find a biker online here to take both of you out for a ride, and give you one to one "personal instruction" in biker etiquette.

The following users liked this post:
onewicked1 (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 02:29 AM
onewicked1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you gentlemen,
Appreciated.

Quick Reply: OK, so what are the rules regarding patch placement?