Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

led tourpak lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 PM
lawbil
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default led tourpak lights

i installed the tourpak led lightbar p/n 67853-10 [standard equip on 2010 cvo ultra] on my 97 flhtc. relatively painless install. it,s functions are as follows, the corner lites are run only. the centre lite is run and brake. i,m very impressed with the visibility it provides. my question is that in the 2011 p/a catalog hd lists the same lite [part #67931-11] , but it now has turn signal and brake lite function in the corner lites. i would like to make this change to my lites but i am unsure if it is possible. there was no provision for this option with the p/n i purchased. hd makes a kit to perform this change, but only to the old style incandescent lamp style. since my bike is a classic and not an ultra i don,t have the wiring harness already in th t/pak. all connections have to be made inder the seat. anybody got any ideas?

Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Give ridetime technology a shout and tell Keith what you have.
I have the FlashR setup http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/flashr.htm
And the trailer adapter setup
http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/qc...er_adapter.htm
Makes this stuff pretty easy to do.
All the under seat connections can be made easily with the trailer adapter.
Once you have the wires in the tourpack , the rest is pretty easy.
Mick

Old 08-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Idea: Stop by an HD parts counter and ask the guy to print the installation instructions with the service parts list for the new LED run/turn/brake LED's and compare them to the 2010 CVO version for wiring harness p/n's, LED p/n's and so forth. It may be a simple wiring harness or switch module that you will need, or perhaps you'll be able to purchase replacement LED's if that's necessary.

Ridetimetechnology offers possible solutions as well, as mentioned previously.

The new version is a big improvement over the previous version both for the better lighting offered, and the plastic will cover the holes left if one wanted to install the LED light bar on an Ultra tour pak--the corner holes weren't covered by the earlier version--the new one does.

Carl

Old 08-23-2010, 08:19 PM
lawbil
5th Gear

thanks to mick and harleypingman for the help. i got the parts/install sheets for the new litebar[67931-11]. the only difference in the wiring is one particular harness, p/n 69911-11 which contains a module. there are 3 additional wires to go into the six way amp pin housing, which are contained in the new harness. i checked with my local dealer and the p/n is not yet listed re: price. this will be a simple conversion for anyone with a 2010 cvo ultra.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Glad to help. You probably already know that the LED assemblies in the new kit are different p/n's than what you have. On the CVO forum a guy did what you are planning to do, and the kit doesn't add brightness to the corner LED assemblies of the CVO Ultra LED's.

Carl

Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 PM
mtpmbell
5th Gear
Default LED Tail lamps

I have a chopped tour pak installed on a 2010 Road King. I ordered the 67914-10, LED Light Kit, because it is more narrow and fits a chopped tour pak with no "overhang". The King Tour Pak conversion kit, P/N 67932-11, is a wider kit so that it covers where the original factory lights were installed. The 67932-11 kit includes a harness (Item 11) that allows the corner lights to also be turn signals. The harness is part number 69911-11. Other than that harness, the light elements themselves in each kit are the same. RIGHT LENSE ASSY.- 67862-10, CENTER LENSE ASSY.- 73402-10, LEFT LENSE ASSY.- 69901-10. My friend has a 2009 Ultra. He ordered the 67932-11 kit and the light assemblies are exactly the same. There should be no reason that the harness, 69911-11, would not work with the more narrow 67914-10 assembly. I have sent my LED light bezel away to get chromed, once it returns, I will install the 67914-10 WITH the 69911-11 harness and report how it works on a Road King.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:15 PM
rbuddy
Stage III
Default TourPak Wrap-Around LED Light Kit Issues

I realize this thread is a bit dated, but I wanted to consolidate some of the issues I experienced and saw in several threads. I just installed the LED lights (p/n 67931-11) on my 2007 FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and it was time consuming. What a true HOG owner will do just to save having to pay $80/hour in dealer service fees.
First off, the removal of the stock light bar is frustrating due to the strength of the stock silicone caulk. That stuff must be military grade, because it took me over an hour, taking time so as not to damage the tour-pak.
The instructions (Rev. 2010-11-13) are INCORRECT as to the drill diameter for the remaining ten holes (I only had to drill 3 since the corners were cut out for the stock unit already). These holes should be drilled at 0.25” (1/4”), as indicated on the template, not 0.531”, as indicated in the instructions (page 2, Installation point 3).
Also, the final check lamp instructions (page 3, Item 2) indicate only the center section illuminates when brakes are actuated. Not true on my ride. All three sections illuminate, as preferred for maximum effect.
Another issue I have with the unit is that the emergency flashers do not actuate when engaged. Following installation, the lower, fender mounted turn signals still do, as normal, but not the tour-pak tri-bar lights. This is a major design flaw in my opinion, as that would significantly enhance the safety aspect of the $470 unit. H-D engineers wake up and take note.
Finally, I purchased my bike used, and the previous owner had installed the Tour-pak Chrome Accent Rail (p/n 53667-89A). This does not fit very well with the new light bar, and actually rests on the bezel in the rear lower section. And the vertical sections in the rear of the accent bar are misaligned with the breaks between the turn and center sections of the light bar. This breaks up the turn signal illumination and is mainly cosmetic, but for a fussy owner like me, I think this should be aligned at the break for uniformity.I decided to ditch the accent bar and covered the existing mounting holes with the plugs included in the light kit (intended to plug antennae holes in the bezel if desired). I needed to drill the accent bar mounting holes out to 5/16” to fit the plugs. They fit well, look good, and blend in to the black pearl paint, but on a lighter color bike will be visible.
All in all, this is a nice upgrade. It adds to the appearance and safety of the bike. However, it is rather pricey, but what isn’t from Harley? It wasn’t a complicate install, only time consuming. But with the onset of winter in Wisconsin, I have time to work on the bike while it sits in the hog pen.
The next touch will be to have the dull black wrap around bezel color matched to the bike (black pearl). That will help in maintenance and enhance appearance.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome to HDF, and excellent first post. 10-4 on removing the OEM Ultra light bar--that silicone caulk is tough stuff.

If you can, add some pictures of the installation.

Carl

Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 PM
iunlocku
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wired my tour pak LED light as such:
I got a Badlander kit to convert the rear turn signal to run/brake/turn "Y"ed the output of kit and connected a 8 plug wire to the back of the and one to the Wrap around LED. I connected the side LED to the turn signal Left / Right Respectively. The center LED I took the 2 light wires and tied them together, then connected to only the brake wire. That way the Center LED is like a 3rd brake light on a car only goes on with brakes. I find this keeps all the day dreamers behind me awake. The end result is the LED wrap around works as run/brake/turn.