Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   FuelMoto Package on 09SG (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/554511-fuelmoto-package-on-09sg.html)

shrydog 08-24-2010 07:49 AM

FuelMoto Package on 09SG

After reading numerous positive reviews on this forum about FuelMoto, I decided to buy a set of their new Pro Touring Mufflers, PCV and A/C. I placed the order with Jamie and everything arrived in three days as promised. The entire install took only 2-1/2 hours and was straight forward (plug & play). I took the bike out for about thirty miles and was quite happy with the sound and response. At idle it sounds deep and throaty, barks nicely going up through the gears and calms down to a low rumble at cruising speed. I really like the look of the black end caps on my black SG and I wanted something different. I would definitely recommend FuelMoto to anyone.

DooZ 08-24-2010 10:04 AM

Did the same earlier this summer, but with the dyno tuned mufflers. Kinda wish the Pro Tourings were out when I pulled the trigger. Nothing to do with the performance, just a looks thing. After riding it for a couple months, the more power bug is making me think real hard about getting rid of the cat and getting a cam. Very pleased with the results so far.

TurkeyRun 08-24-2010 10:13 AM

I put the DynoTuned mufflers/PCV/AC on my '10 FLHTCU back in May or so. I was quite happy with the sound (not too loud) but the heat on my right leg was killing me. So, I pre-ordered the 2-1-2 head pipe, got it in a few weeks ago. Week before last, I finally got around to installing it (plastic bag on my header and muffler was the motivator).

WOW - sound is much deeper. I called Fuel Moto and talked to a guy named Keith, asking about a new map. It was in my email inbox before we got off the phone. Now that is customer service! Very happy with the sound, great torque, and MUCH cooler on the leg.

I guess next up is a cam for me too. And you bet, I'll be going back to the guys at Fuel Moto. Nothin' but good things to say about them and their stuff.

fuelmoto 08-24-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by shrydog (Post 7187923)
After reading numerous positive reviews on this forum about FuelMoto, I decided to buy a set of their new Pro Touring Mufflers, PCV and A/C. I placed the order with Jamie and everything arrived in three days as promised. The entire install took only 2-1/2 hours and was straight forward (plug & play). I took the bike out for about thirty miles and was quite happy with the sound and response. At idle it sounds deep and throaty, barks nicely going up through the gears and calms down to a low rumble at cruising speed. I really like the look of the black end caps on my black SG and I wanted something different. I would definitely recommend FuelMoto to anyone.

Thank you for the great feedback and support. The Pro Touring mufflers are for sure my personal favorite, I love the sound and the way the 4.5" endcaps fill up the back of the bike.

TurkeyRun 08-24-2010 06:58 PM

Thank you for the great feedback and support. The Pro Touring mufflers are for sure my personal favorite, I love the sound and the way the 4.5" endcaps fill up the back of the bike.
Take a trade in on some 3-month old Dyno-tuned straight cuts? I got all the plastic bag stuff off 'em :icon_razz:

Stone1 08-24-2010 10:12 PM

We did the jackpot package for the wife's 09 Street Glide as well and she loves it. There was a good power increase over stock, gas mpg seems to be in mid 40's and she likes the better rumble. We have recommended them as often as we can.

kjtoys 08-25-2010 06:42 AM

fuel moto

I got my bike back from my shop and the tw6 woods cams and the power comander 5 with the fuel moto headpipes made a world of difference. I have a 2010 Harley tri glide. The heat is a lot better and the power is great. Also the bike is a lot louder and has a nice lope at idle even after the bike is warmed up. Thanks Jamie! I recommend to all to make this change to your bike!

Notgrownup 08-25-2010 06:49 AM

I want cams so bad i can taste them....I will probably go with Woods t6-6 after seeing what Jamie posted yesterday....Damn near 100 hp & TQ...i could handle that...

fuelmoto 08-25-2010 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyRun (Post 7190854)
Take a trade in on some 3-month old Dyno-tuned straight cuts? I got all the plastic bag stuff off 'em :icon_razz:

We should be able to work something out, give me a call.

WI Bob 10-07-2010 11:18 AM

I added the Pro Touring mufflers this week because they made better numbers during the tune at FM. (and I try lots of stuff)

I agree with the OP that the muffs have a VERY low tone and rumble. The sound is awesome rolling though the gears and is very mellow when on cruise. No droning sound on the highway.

Overall, very sweet!