Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a Toyhauler

Old 08-30-2010, 09:10 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Arrow Buying a Toyhauler

Hey guys I am buying a Toy-Hauler made by Keystone the model is a Raptor 30fs...anybody got one of these or at least a Toy-Hauler there willing to admit they own and use. We as a family are really looking forward to it.

Wondering what your loving about it? We have our reasons and hope it doesn't fade into more of a chore than a great family time.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

They used to sell them at a Dealership I worked at. They are nice but there are usually a lot of bugs to work out when you first buy one. Lot's of little picky crap. Check it our very very closely before buying it to make sure everything works, all the seams line up and have them leak test it. Electrical problems are common too.

Terry

Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
08_Street_Glide
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 33' 2003 Jayco and use it for many different things from 4 four wheelers to two motorcycles.

One thing i would suggest is to mazke sure you get a fully self contained unit with generator, large (100+ gal) fresh water, etc. Mine has all of this and its really nice just to stop and stay anywhere and not be without anything.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got the cash.....Go for it.
I started camping in a tent, then a pull behind, then a slide in, then a class c, then a class a, then a toy hauler.
Sold the toy hauler while it was still worth top dollar.
Back to camping in a tent.
What I hated about the whole thing.......
Cost of Gas at 4 to 8 mpg.
Cost of Insurance.
Looking out my window and seeing it sit there and depreciate.
But like I said.....Go for it.

Last edited by twodollarbill; 08-31-2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling????
Old 08-31-2010, 12:25 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

I have not owned a Toyhauler yet, but have been looking at them. The Raptor is a very good choice from what I see. I can tell you some things to look at. I am assuming you are talking about a fifthwheel. I have bought 3 fifthwheels and you better inspect each of them very closely. Don't assume the dealership did this. I speak from experience on this. Even get up on the roof and check for holes. The last one I bought had 5 small holes when I got it home and I only drove it 35 miles. Dealership denied they were there when I left the dealership, even though the wood underneath was black from being water soaked. Took three months to get that straightened out. It is the little things like drawer glides, wall trim alignment, slide operation, screws through water lines or wires, and fresh water fitting leaks that are very common issues. I had a three page list of items on the last one. You can't possible see all this at the dealership. They will correct most of them though. Hope this helps.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for the replies
I was on a RV forum and this is all I heard "give them no money until you have check things over thoroughly and then fixed"...kinda spooky. and it does not matter which one you buy there will be some sort off problems.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:40 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

They are built by assembly line type factories so stuff happens...Just like a mobile home...

Old 08-31-2010, 07:03 AM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes,I own a 2009 Frontier Trax Toy Hauler and am not afraid to say so.When we go to rallys,it is nice to have all the conforts of home and not stay in a hotel.I am getting to old to stay in a tent and now that all the kids are grown and gone,the wife and I are going to enjoy life for awhile.So toyhaul on bro!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 07:11 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Those Raptors are nice! I'm on my first toyhauler, just bought it in July, a little KZ MXT20 that my F150 can pull. We'll be camping in it this weekend. We love it so far.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 AM
el chivito76
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

inspect every inch of the unit and then get a friend to do the same after you like others say many little things to bicker with them over

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a Toyhauler