Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed w/ Pictures--Tour-Pak Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Good stuff Harleypingman. I just did mine and the only adjustment I made was hooking up my LED bar that is under the Air Wing Luggage rack. It is now hooked to the leftover harness plug that was originally hooked up. All lights seem to work.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:19 PM
oldguyonUC
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Samzilla
Pingman,

I converted all of the rear lights on my 2009 Ultra Classic to LEDs. I installed a Bright *** Light for the stop light, Kuryakyn LED's for the rear turn signals (including the module to make them run/turn), and the Tour-Pak lights to LED's. I installed the HD Tour-Pak Conversion Kit harness so that the Tour-Pak LED's function as run/turn/brake. When I did, the Kuryakyn run/turn taillights didn't like it (started making a lot of noise) so I disconnected the Kuryakyn module. With the Kuryakyn module disconnected, the HD Tour-Pak Turn Signal Conversion Kit works fine but the taillights are back to turn only. Can you think of anything I can do to make the Kuryakyn module work along with the HD Conversion Kit? From front to back, should I plug the HD conversion harness first, followed by the Kuryakyn module? Would the use of HD's "Y" adapter or 2 into 1 splitter help in wiring these two kits into the rear taillight harness? Any other thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Ken

Ken,

Did you ever get your tour pak lights working with the Kuryakyn
run/turn/brake module?

I did mine today and what I did was connect the HD Tour Pak Y connector BEFORE the Kuryakyn module. Works good.

Great post.

oldguyonUC

Last edited by oldguyonUC; 07-24-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:35 PM
1pkraft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ken

I don't have the instructions for the HD kit but I think I remember it saying that it wasn't compatible with LED's.

Phil

Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I know I am waking this from the dead...but:

Carl,

I am adding a tourpak to my Street Glide. I was lucky and got my hands on an Ultra bottom with the light bar. Do you think that I could use this kit to get the lights working?

Also I am going to convert to LED's in the future. Has anyone gotten the kit to work with LED's. I am going to get the Custom Dynamics LED kit with the smoked lenses to match the rest of the bike.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

bump.....bump.....bump

Old 11-03-2013, 02:18 PM
TRich
3rd Gear

Just finished the install on my 2012 Ultra, and Tour Pak turn signals were flashing OPPOSITE the turn signals. After much head scratching, found your thread, plugged the kit in FRONT of the Brake/run/turn light module already installed, problem fixed! Thanks, ted.
Plug and Play, then Play some more BTW, I also have the Bright *** Taillight, was glad that was not part of the problem.
?My rear turn signals stay on during Acces mode, anybody figure how to turn them off? Thx again!

Last edited by TRich; 11-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:47 PM
wineman
Stage I

Harleypingman I did this yesterday on my 07 ultra the only thing I have noticed is my alarm doesn't chirp to let me know it's activated. The alarm does work though! Also my rear turn/brake lights stay on when in auxiliary now

Last edited by wineman; 03-08-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 PM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,847 Likes on 2,804 Posts

Nice post.

Old 01-14-2017, 10:50 PM
Grady10
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm so glad I found this post. Thanks to all for the input. Dealer told me they wouldn't work together. Service manager said he would have to look into wiring diagram to figure it out. Talked to one of the the techs and he said he did one and got it to work but couldn't remember how he did it so I didn't buy the turn signal RTB. Looks like I get to spend a little bit more

Old 01-20-2018, 12:08 PM
zodder
Road Captain
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm dredging up an oldie, but I just finished installing the kit and the whole right side of the tour pak doesn't do anything except the running light. I have regular bulbs in there, not LEDs. On the left side, everything works perfectly. Turn signal, brake light and running light. On the right side, only the running light works now. I've triple checked all the connections to make sure they're tight and that the pins are in correctly in the wiring harness that plugs into the Y connector. Anybody have a clue of what might be happening or what I might have screwed up? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Installed w/ Pictures--Tour-Pak Turn Signal Conversion Kit