Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best way to find some new riding buddies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default What's the best way to find some new riding buddies?

So, here's the deal...I have a little group of guys I ride with most of the time...but except for one guy...an Army Ranger Airborne Recon buddy - a vet from the 60's - go figure (though I was just born when he was in the jungle - ya don't much more solid than this guy), the other three are either unreliable (they say they'll show-up and don't) and/or can frankly be crazy a** riders...and trust me, I am no "Sunday driver".

What do you think the best way is to try and find some good guys (subjective, yes) to ride with...of course "fit" has to be there...but still.

I live in the Denver Metro area and have looked on the geographic-specific area of this site but don't see much activity.

Feels kinda weird asking...as I am a reasonably social guy but my sense is that guys have their basic group and that's that...I know that's how I've been in the past.

Just curious...and no, I don't like flippin "long walks in the rain", etc. Ha!

Last edited by sgnden; 09-05-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It might be worth a shot to google motorcycle clubs for your area and see if there is anything there. Alternatively, you could join and ride with your local Hog Chapter. Chances are that if you try the Hog Chapter you will eventually gravitate to or come across people like yourself and broaden your circle of riding friends.
Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain? J/K

Old 09-05-2010, 09:18 AM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

If you are a veteran you can join a Legion Post that has a Riders chapter.
Best damn group of folks you could ride with. Yeah we do our share of the charity work, but always have a good time.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Patriot guard riders
HOG
Southern Cruisers

I had the same problem, fairly sociable guy buy had nobody. Joined the Southern Cruisers and i ride with them occasionally. Made several very good friends, a few i feel will be lifelong friends.
Moved here 20 years ago and had no buddies, firends and the only hobby/passion i had was Motorcycling. rest is history.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Originally Posted by sgnden
So, here's the deal...I have a little group of guys I ride with most of the time...but except for one guy...an Army Ranger Airborne Recon buddy - a vet from the 60's - go figure (though I was just born when he was in the jungle - ya don't much more solid than this guy), the other three are either unreliable (they say they'll show-up and don't) and/or can frankly be crazy a** riders...and trust me, I am no "Sunday driver".

What do you think the best way is to try and find some good guys (subjective, yes) to ride with...of course "fit" has to be there...but still.

I live in the Denver Metro area and have looked on the geographic-specific area of this site but don't see much activity.

Feels kinda weird asking...as I am a reasonably social guy but my sense is that guys have their basic group and that's that...I know that's how I've been in the past.

Just curious...and no, I don't like flippin "long walks on the beach", etc. Ha!
Are you saying there is something wrong with a long walk on the beach...LOL....Oh! yeah! Colorado??? Beaches???

Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 AM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by nemick
It might be worth a shot to google motorcycle clubs for your area and see if there is anything there. Alternatively, you could join and ride with your local Hog Chapter. Chances are that if you try the Hog Chapter you will eventually gravitate to or come across people like yourself and broaden your circle of riding friends.
Do you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain? J/K
Good ideas...thanks! Ha, yeah...that's what I was getting at with my crack about not liking "long walks in the rain". Funny how men are so much worse at this than women...and end-up feeling like you're on a dang dating service.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:28 AM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Are you saying there is something wrong with a long walk on the beach...LOL....Oh! yeah! Colorado??? Beaches???
Ha! Yeah...I was married to the only "Beaches" I know!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Talk your non-riding buddies into buying bikes? Ive talked 3 of my buds into getting bikes in the last two months, now they don't know how they lived before riding!
If your a vet you could also look into the CVMA, great folks.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM
ctmedic
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definatly look for a local Southern Cruisers Riding club chapter. Great people FREE, and most all rides are all about the Food and Friendship of riding.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ride to your favorite spots and see who's there and make friends. You will already have a common destination to ride to. Unreliable friends are a big pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: What's the best way to find some new riding buddies?