Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline oil in Ellsworth or Bangor.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline oil in Ellsworth or Bangor.....

I'm headed to Bar Harbor this weekend (from NS) and want to pick up some Redline Shockproof Heavy gear oil while there. Can anyone tell me what stores in that area will carry it? Thanks..

Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Default Redline oil

Help!?

Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 AM
HarleyGhost
Intermediate
Smile

I buy mine direct from www.redlineoil.com

Old 09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Call the Harley dealers in that area and see if they carry it. I order mine in bulk from Racer Wholesale in Indy. I also use a code to get 10% off.

https://www.racerpartswholesale.com/

Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by petemac
Call the Harley dealers in that area and see if they carry it. I order mine in bulk from Racer Wholesale in Indy. I also use a code to get 10% off.

https://www.racerpartswholesale.com/
Thanks for the ideas, but there are no HD dealers along the route I'm taking. I'm looking to find if any other place in that area has it. Was hoping there would be some Bar Harbor or Ellsworth folks on the forum who might know. Shipping oil to Canada is perhaps not allowed, but certainly would be prohibitively expensive.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:16 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried the auto parts stores along the route. I know some of them carry it. Autozone, Pepboys, Advanced Auto parts, etc....

Old 09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I have had the most luck seeing Redline Products at Pep Boys

Old 09-22-2010, 11:39 AM
robfaulkner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by petemac
Have you tried the auto parts stores along the route. I know some of them carry it. Autozone, Pepboys, Advanced Auto parts, etc....

There are Advance and Carquest shops in Ellsworth - I'll stop in on the way through tomorrow.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Go to Redlines website and do a Dealer search with your zip code.

I have a question for the Redline Tranny oil user's. I hear user's refer to it as Redline Shockproof Heavy. I started using it and when I went to order, I saw the listing for The heavy is separate from Motorcycle oils. The heavy was in a white bottle. I looked at Motorcycle oils and the Tranny oil was listed as V-twin transmission oil and was in a dark brown or black bottle. I didn't know which to order, so I emailed a Redline Rep. He told me they were the same product. I had an indy tell me not to use the Shockproof heavy in the white bottle because it was for Race cars, like dragsters and what not!
Confusing!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:06 PM
robfaulkner
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Go to Redlines website and do a Dealer search with your zip code.

I have a question for the Redline Tranny oil user's. I hear user's refer to it as Redline Shockproof Heavy. I started using it and when I went to order, I saw the listing for The heavy is separate from Motorcycle oils. The heavy was in a white bottle. I looked at Motorcycle oils and the Tranny oil was listed as V-twin transmission oil and was in a dark brown or black bottle. I didn't know which to order, so I emailed a Redline Rep. He told me they were the same product. I had an indy tell me not to use the Shockproof heavy in the white bottle because it was for Race cars, like dragsters and what not!
Confusing!
I do appreciate all the replies, but please note I am travelling from Canada on my bike. And I did check the Redline site using my motel zip. Nothing came up that is on or close to my route. Ordering from Redline for shipping to Canada is not a reasonable option. There are no dealers in my area (Nova Scotia). That is why I am hoping someone can tell me what I asked - where in Ellsworth/Bar Harbor can I get Redline? But it seems there are no forum members from that area. At least not ones who are online today.

Last edited by robfaulkner; 09-22-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Redline oil in Ellsworth or Bangor.....