Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too short for your flh?

Old 09-23-2010, 07:53 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 1,770 Likes on 1,613 Posts

I'm even more amused by 6 foot riders who want to flat-foot. Some of us shorter riders have seldom been able to flat-foot on any bike. It is more important to me that the bike performs well while moving, not when its stationary. If I want to move my bike around such as reverse it, I get off it and move it from alongside. Or is that too obvious?!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:58 AM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb View Post
it always amuses me when someone who's 5'5" tall gets a harley touring bike only to find out that they're not able to flat foot it when stopping. Then they try to make the bike fit them. Somehow i'm thinking that they should have sat on the bike in the showroom before buying it. A deluxe or heritage softail would have been much easier for them to fit on. I see lots of discussion on how to lower the suspension, shorter seats, etc, when in fact some people just don't have long enough legs to fit on a flh. Maybe platform shoes from the seventies will come back in style and they'll be able to fit. This wasn't written to offend the vertically challenged, but for some, another model would have been more suitable.

bite me!!!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown View Post
I'm even more amused by 6 foot riders who want to flat-foot. Some of us shorter riders have seldom been able to flat-foot on any bike. It is more important to me that the bike performs well while moving, not when its stationary. If I want to move my bike around such as reverse it, I get off it and move it from alongside. Or is that too obvious?!
Exactly! Lowering a bike does nothing but reduce the already too little ground clearance that a HD has. Less ground clearance means more scraping in curves. I'm always amused at all the lowered bikes going through Deals Gap at 15 mph and they are scraping everything they have. But, they look cool and we all know that is the most important thing?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 AM
Toypuller
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 196 Posts

Do you worry about how others dress when they ride too?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 AM
badasstruck
One Of The Regulars
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

arrogant BS! People are FREE to buy, modify to fit, and ride anything they damn well please!

Old 09-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Adk.IBO
One Of The Regulars
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't ya just hate that uneasy feeling, standing in a row of urinals and someone seems to be checkin' out your business? That's what the beginning of this thread reminds me of! I'm 5'4" and the dealer solved my RK reach problem with a Super Reduced Reach seat. No suspension mods for me. I need all the cornering clearence I can get, as I'm not used to running out of lean angle! 3 c notes to make a good fit? Works for me.
John

Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 209 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO View Post
Don't ya just hate that uneasy feeling, standing in a row of urinals and someone seems to be checkin' out your business? That's what the beginning of this thread reminds me of! John
lol......... you have issues!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Adk.IBO
One Of The Regulars
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default beemervet

Apologies, a poor response on my part.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why am I reading this thread?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,469 Likes on 1,460 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO View Post
Don't ya just hate that uneasy feeling, standing in a row of urinals and someone seems to be checkin' out your business? That's what the beginning of this thread reminds me of! I'm 5'4" and the dealer solved my RK reach problem with a Super Reduced Reach seat. No suspension mods for me. I need all the cornering clearence I can get, as I'm not used to running out of lean angle! 3 c notes to make a good fit? Works for me.
John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Too short for your flh?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: