Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD windshield speakers - P/N 76321-09

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts
Default HD windshield speakers - P/N 76321-09

Anybody get this?

How is the sound quality while riding in the highway?

Is it quick disconnect in case you want to ride without the windshield?

76321-09 - Boom! Audio™ Cruiser Amp and Speaker Kit, Windshield-Mounted

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been real curious about this item too and wondering how well it works. My dealer has one and it looks pretty good in person...just wondering how good it sounds. Sure hope we get some real world feedback.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetlu
Anybody get this?

"Want to strip your bike down? Then just unplug the speaker enclosure wiring, and the unit can be removed with the detachable windshield."

You may not of noticed the video link for the speakers. Look at the images view 1, view 2, Play Video.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:08 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetlu
Anybody get this?

How is the sound quality while riding in the highway?

i don't know about the sound quality, but i watched the video and they did mention that it was quick disconnect if you wanted to disconnect your windshield. it is also available in another configuration, handlebar mounted speakers. if you disconnected your windshield, it would have no effect on the speakers themselves.

looks like i get to to be the guinea pig. wife wanted tunes for our road trip next week. doesn't want to wear earbuds (too uncomfortable) so today we went to hd and bought the above mentioned kit. installation was fairly easy, wiring it up was a pain in the a**! seems like the instructions could have been a little clearer.

after it was done and buttoned up, sorry no pics, didn't think of it until afterwards, sounds okay in the garage. tomorrow, we'll get out on the road and see how she likes it.

Last edited by skratch; 09-26-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:26 PM
doyvid
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please let us know how they sound. It sounds like there is another guy on the fence at my local dealer. I am trying to be patient and let him get them first because the guys at the shop said they would call me when they are installing them for him so I can hear them. I am pretty excited about the idea, but a bit pessimistic about how they will sound though. Maybe someone will put a video up on YouTube soon.

It would be cheaper then getting a Street Glide though.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw a guy at the dealer that was just picking up his bike after having the handle bar mounted ones installed. It sounded good sitting outside whith his bike idling, course I can't speak for when on the road.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:05 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

yes, it is cheaper than getting a street glide. we are not in a position to do that right now, and the wife isn't really sure about the fairing anyway. she actually wouldn't mind a road glide, but doesn't care for the colors this year, and she doesn't want to do the 'twinsies' thing with denim black.

okay, so here's the poop.

pros:

cheaper than a street glide (or road glide)
pretty unobtrusive, doesn't stick out more than a windshield bag
cheaper than a street glide
sounds decent, is tolerable at 70mph (haven't been on the highway yet to see about higher speeds) she says that she can hear the song, and know what song is playing.
installation (with the exception of wiring) is pretty easy

cons:
400 freakin dollars..... (though to be fair, there are other options out there that are more expensive.
took an hour to install, 3 hrs to wire the damn thing up (though we weren't really trying to break any speed records either)
the speakers being so close together lack a little in stereo separation, but not terrible
no avc

end result, do i regret buying this? not yet (hope that doesn't change). at least she will have tunes for our upcoming road trip. she did the earbud thing an on earlier trip and didn't care for that at all. she has a 3/4 helmet and found the combination with the earbuds to be very uncomfortable, plus at speed, she still had to turn the volume up really high and that tended to bother her ears after a while.

in all, there are worse things one could spend their money on. and after all, it is cheaper than a street glide

Old 09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Clean looking unit ... a bit pricey but that's HD

Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

yeah, but did you see the j&m unit? its even more at 499.00

Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
nycruza
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know or ANYBODY know what the WATTAGE is?

Either PEAK or RMS will do!

TIA
AJ

Originally Posted by skratch
yes, it is cheaper than getting a street glide. we are not in a position to do that right now, and the wife isn't really sure about the fairing anyway. she actually wouldn't mind a road glide, but doesn't care for the colors this year, and she doesn't want to do the 'twinsies' thing with denim black.

okay, so here's the poop.

pros:

cheaper than a street glide (or road glide)
pretty unobtrusive, doesn't stick out more than a windshield bag
sounds decent, is tolerable at 70mph (haven't been on the highway yet to see about higher speeds) she says that she can hear the song, and know what song is playing.
installation (with the exception of wiring) is pretty easy

cons:
400 freakin dollars..... (though to be fair, there are other options out there that are more expensive.
took an hour to install, 3 hrs to wire the damn thing up (though we weren't really trying to break any speed records either)
the speakers being so close together lack a little in stereo separation, but not terrible
no avc

end result, do i regret buying this? not yet (hope that doesn't change). at least she will have tunes for our upcoming road trip. she did the earbud thing an on earlier trip and didn't care for that at all. she has a 3/4 helmet and found the combination with the earbuds to be very uncomfortable, plus at speed, she still had to turn the volume up really high and that tended to bother her ears after a while.

in all, there are worse things one could spend their money on. and after all, it is cheaper than a street glide

Quick Reply: HD windshield speakers - P/N 76321-09