Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Sublime1
one thing that i havent seen mentioned is any clutch ramifications when bumping stock horsepower from 75-85 to over 100 +?

Most of the Stage 2 kits come with higher tension springs, to allow more clutch grab but eventually either end up in ride fatique (without a hydraulic clutch) or impact on trans shaft bearings or other driveline components.

Is there any published info from any of the other large displacement builds as to the limits of the stock trans and clutch ?

I am very seriously thinking about just dropping in the whole caboodle in a few weeks when the frost hits and i'd like to dot all the I's so to speak.
We have left the clutch completely with our 107 and have not seen any signs of slippage which would show up directly in our run logs, and I have not been overly easy on the clutch either. You could go with a higher pressure clutch spring and it will in no way affect the trans or other driveline components as it is simply adding additional pressure to the clutch stack. Another option is a lock up which which uses centrifugal weights to add pressure to the outer plate as RPMs increase and as an added benefit it will offer the same lever pull as stock. As far as the rest of the driveline durability I do not seen any problems there at all, our 09 Road King was putting out over 150Hp thru the completely stock driveline with zero issues and this bike was put thru the paces, it was even drag raced. We have done a bunch of other high HP builds and tunes making as high as the 190's for HP with no driveline issues.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by soft 02
With your core exchange is it possible to swap a set of silver cylinders for a set of black cylinders preferibly the unfinished ones that come off the cross bones?
It all depends what we have available for exchange. We currently only have the black with polished fins available. Yes, we would accept silver for exhange at the moment.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Our 107" kits are now In Stock and shipping and we have put them on our website
That's a nice looking package. Tempting, for sure.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Sublime1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie,

Is it safe to say that with the advent of the newer bolt in cams, that most of this kit is DIY, aside from the tuning ?

Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM
gearman
Advanced

Looks like a nice package Jamie, any chance you'll have any maps for us Mastertune or Sert users?

Old 10-20-2010, 12:37 AM
Garcou
Club Member

Thanks for the response Jamie, looks like Iam sold! Will be ordering real soon. Thanks for all the hard work!

Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

OK, please don't everyone flame me for this post.(now putting on bat asbestos underoos) This is an honest question.
I want to see the dyno sheet from someone else who has installed this.
I really like the kit and sent the link for the kit to my indy wrench (Past lead wrench for a dealship) to ask him what he thought about installing it on my bike. He said that while he wasn't familiar with FuelMoto the kit seemed OK. He did say thought that he thought that dyno seemed "optimistic" to him. That he wouldn't expect those components to make that much hp / torque.
Don't get me wrong, I am not calling bullshit. I am just asking for independent verification before I spend $2000 (Kit and install).
I want to buy / install this kit, however I can't afford to be wrong. I only want to this once....

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sublime1
Jamie,

Is it safe to say that with the advent of the newer bolt in cams, that most of this kit is DIY, aside from the tuning ?
Yes this is a very straight forward install and is simply replacing components.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:50 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by trannyman
Looks like a nice package Jamie, any chance you'll have any maps for us Mastertune or Sert users?
We do not currently offer calibrations for TTS and SERT, however there will surely be bikes coming thru with these tuning platforms and eventually we should have some cals.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:26 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by PFWiz
OK, please don't everyone flame me for this post.(now putting on bat asbestos underoos) This is an honest question.
I want to see the dyno sheet from someone else who has installed this.
I really like the kit and sent the link for the kit to my indy wrench (Past lead wrench for a dealship) to ask him what he thought about installing it on my bike. He said that while he wasn't familiar with FuelMoto the kit seemed OK. He did say thought that he thought that dyno seemed "optimistic" to him. That he wouldn't expect those components to make that much hp / torque.
Don't get me wrong, I am not calling bullshit. I am just asking for independent verification before I spend $2000 (Kit and install).
I want to buy / install this kit, however I can't afford to be wrong. I only want to this once....
Not real sure what to say on this, however I have to question how many 107" builds with Wood TW-555 cams your mechanic has tested. The results we posted are not the highest or lowest dyno numbers from our testing they are however what we feel are fully repeatable numbers that can be expected from our kit when tested in similar conditions with the components listed.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto