Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My excuse was " Hey baby, look what i got you.... oh wow those are beautiful diamond earrings." oh by the way i just bought the 107" for my bike...

Old 10-17-2011, 04:09 PM
mustafade
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z71_fourwheelin
My excuse was " Hey baby, look what i got you.... oh wow those are beautiful diamond earrings." oh by the way i just bought the 107" for my bike...
that is too funny...very cleaver of you...

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Just a note for those scheduling major services such as engine builds or cam swaps now until March 1st Fuel Moto will cover your 1 or 2 night stay at Country Inn & Suites in Little Chute, WI which is right down the street from our shop. Many of our customers have stayed here over the last several seasons. It is very clean and modern, there is a nice pool with a waterpark for the kids (and a Tiki bar for the adults) http://www.countryinns.com/little-ch...54140/wilittle

For more info you can contact us at 877-729-4754

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

**double post**

Last edited by fuelmoto; 10-18-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Just a note for those scheduling major services such as engine builds or cam swaps now until March 1st Fuel Moto will cover your 1 or 2 night stay at Country Inn & Suites in Little Chute, WI which is right down the street from our shop. Many of our customers have stayed here over the last several seasons. It is very clean and modern, there is a nice pool with a waterpark for the kids (and a Tiki bar for the adults) http://www.countryinns.com/little-ch...54140/wilittle

WOW ! that beats me doing the new mods in my cold garage this winter.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulster66
Let me say is don't shy away from doing this kit your self. Just completed mine about 2 weeks ago. I have the service manual and the group over at Fuel Moto is more than willing to answer any question I had. I did use a ring compressor from Napa, the plier type made it smooth. If i had another set of hands I might not of needed it. In all honesty the biggest PITA was installing the circlips on the piston pins.
A drop in BB kit like this is no more difficult than a cam change, and easily within the abilities of an amateur mechanic.

If you don't have a ring compressor, you can just install the pistons and rings into the jugs while they're on your bench. Set the cylinder upside down, and work the rings into the cylinders with your fingers, then drop the whole assembly down onto your connecting rods. You want to leave just enough of the piston hanging underneath to get to the wrist pin, and the rings will still be seated in the cylinder.

Then, install the second wrist pin clip. You can use a little screwdriver to get the clip installed, but the risk of losing the clip down into the motor has always left me uneasy, and the tool you can get for the job makes it a no-brainer. The Kent-Moore clip tool I have cost about a hundred bucks, but it's well worth it.

If you have to, you can also work the rings into place while the piston is attached to the wrist pin, by using a small screwdriver and your fingers to coax them into the cylinder.

The book way to install the pistons and jugs is to attach the piston (with the rings gapped and in place) onto the connecting rod, and bring the cylinder down onto it. It helps to have a ring compressor for this method, and a second set of hands. You'll work the piston up into the cylinder at the same time your helper is coaxing the cylinder down onto the piston. When the rings are all seated, you remove the ring compressor and then sit the cylinder the rest of the way down onto the cases. You can turn the motor over with the rear wheel, which will push the piston up into the cylinder. Make sure you've got the connecting rod from the opposite cylinder supported in a way that it won't knock against the cylinder walls. I use foam insulation from Home Depot that I've cut to wrap around the connecting rod.

It's actually a lot less complicated than it sounds, and fairly intuitive.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

[quote=fuelmoto;8945687]Just a note for those scheduling major services such as engine builds or cam swaps now until March 1st Fuel Moto will cover your 1 or 2 night stay at Country Inn & Suites in Little Chute, WI which is right down the street from our shop. Many of our customers have stayed here over the last several seasons. It is very clean and modern, there is a nice pool with a waterpark for the kids (and a Tiki bar for the adults) http://www.countryinns.com/little-ch...54140/wilittle

For more info you can contact us at 877-729-4754[/quote

Great offer if it weren't for the cold weather, lol, I'll just wait for May.

Old 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Jamie! Can I get you to transport my bike to and from Kiel in lieu of the stay? You just did my exhaust, tuner air and Woods cam on 9/21, but I'm thinking maybe 107" for my Xmas present. I might be able to ride it up, but you know how it gets here at that time of year. Frickin' Brrrrr, plus the guys are making fun of chaps in another thread. Hahaha!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:12 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by frog13
Hey Jamie! Can I get you to transport my bike to and from Kiel in lieu of the stay? You just did my exhaust, tuner air and Woods cam on 9/21, but I'm thinking maybe 107" for my Xmas present. I might be able to ride it up, but you know how it gets here at that time of year. Frickin' Brrrrr, plus the guys are making fun of chaps in another thread. Hahaha!
We are also going to offer free enclosed pick and delivery for those within 60 miles of our shop. We would be able to take care of you no problem.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:19 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

We are also going to offer free enclosed pick and delivery for those within 60 miles of our shop. We would be able to take care of you no problem.
Jamie how about people much further away...do you have an association with any motorcycle trucking company that would offer some kind of discounted, round-trip costing? Thanks & keep up the great work!

Brad

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto