Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   For those looking to install an aftermarket radio (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/57119-for-those-looking-to-install-an-aftermarket-radio.html)

Gaskett 09-15-2006 03:40 PM

For those looking to install an aftermarket radio

I did some searching around and found this site. It's PAC, they make adapters that allow the factory steering wheel radio buttons on cars interface with aftermartket radio's (they also list Harley Davidson as compatible). I did some research and also found the wiring diagram links on their site Diagrams. These also work with JVC, Alpine, Kenwood, and a bunch of other radio models as long as they have a hard wired plug interface for remote controls. They also make one that will work with infra-red remotes (but that's not pratical for the Harley).

Anyway, the cost is like $50-60 bucks depending on where you buy it.

Thought this might be a good alternative to the other sites that offer radios for the Harley.

Enjoy,
Glenn

berettag 09-15-2006 04:51 PM

RE: For those looking to install an aftermarket radio

Did you find any that supported the CB Radio display?

4x4Given 09-15-2006 07:36 PM

My delimna too. CB and Intercom. The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to install a Sony AM/FM/CD. The yahoo that did the install just started cutting wires.

lp 09-15-2006 10:50 PM

The biketronics kits will do the same thing and are made for Harleys. Not sure on the CB stuff though..

lp

Neggy ZRXOA 5248 09-21-2006 02:11 AM

www.hawg-wired.com

SeaHag 09-21-2006 03:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Gaskett

I did some searching around and found this site. It's PAC, they make adapters that allow the factory steering wheel radio buttons on cars interface with aftermartket radio's (they also list Harley Davidson as compatible). I did some research and also found the wiring diagram links on their site Diagrams. These also work with JVC, Alpine, Kenwood, and a bunch of other radio models as long as they have a hard wired plug interface for remote controls. They also make one that will work with infra-red remotes (but that's not pratical for the Harley).

Anyway, the cost is like $50-60 bucks depending on where you buy it.

Thought this might be a good alternative to the other sites that offer radios for the Harley.

Enjoy,
Glenn

I've been running a stereo in my FLHT for four years with the PAC Swi-X infra-red remote adapter. It is perfectly practical. As a matter of fact, I'd like to know which PAC product does NOT use infrared signals to control the stereos. On my bike the infrared transmitter cord is run out of the fairing through the grommet where the throttle cables go...then zip tied in place to the throttle cables to aim at the face of the stereo.

The nice feature with this system is you don't have to be limited to what functions someone else wants your switches to control. You can program the Swi-X to issue any command frequency you wish in conjunction with whatever switch operation. And it really frees up the model of stereos you can run; as opposed to being limited to SONY offerings of a select few models.

dakashmir 08-18-2012 10:41 PM

anyone have a wiring diagram for the axxess steering wheel control unit?