Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Face Helmet Fogs Up.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Tenn Ridge Runner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Face Helmet Fogs Up.

I recently got a Full Face Helmet to keep my face warm now that it's cooling off. The problem is that it fogs up so badly when it's cold I have to open the visor to see. This kinda defeats the purpose as my face gets cold again. Any ideas?

Old 10-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Bud-9
Advanced

Just crack the shield a bit. Or most glasses shop sell a anti-fog spray you could put on the inside part.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:16 PM
thehueg
Cruiser

I have a Shoei Multitec modular and live in New England. Needless to say, we're beginning the type weather that produces the same problem. I use a small spray bottle every few days of an anti-fog product which I wipe off. It stops all fogging issues. This is available from most motorcycle shops. A number of the full-face helmet manufacturers also offer secondary shields that block fogging problems mechanically. In other words, you'll have some options. While a bit of a hassle, it far outweighs the effects of turning your chin into an ice berg.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to either a scuba diving shop or snow ski shop and get some anti fog for goggles. Apply that every so often as needed and it should eliminate your fogging issues.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:19 PM
dwayne.aycock
Tourer

If the helment has vents on the top, or in front of the mouth opening, I suggest taking these out for the winter. If you wear a face mask made of goretex, you won't even notice the difference.
D.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:39 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Anti fog spray works better than nothing... it's not perfect, and you will still get some fogginess if stopped for red lights (which you can open the shield during those times).

Something other people have used, I haven't - is a light layer of dishwashing liquid (no water) on the inside of the visor, apply and let dry, do not wipe off... kind of the same thing as anti fog stuff too... usually it's applied as a thin layer, and not buffed into the shield.

... and leave your vents open, wearing a skull cap/doo-rag, and some sort of thin face mask under the helmet will keep you warm with the vents open if needed.

Last edited by caberto; 10-20-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Olde Skool
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What everyone else says, plus breathe OUT of yer nose...

Old 10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Stop in to your local snowmobile dealer and they should be able to fix you up with either an anti-fog spray or a deflector that goes inside the helmet to keep your warm breath from fogging up the shield.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:06 PM
jsciullo
Cruiser

Buy a Scorpion helmet. Antifog is built into the face shield. I can't tell you how many rides in the cold or raining and it never fogged up.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 PM
2>4
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Shoei RF 1000 that came with a detachable leather nose cover. It works awesome! I wonder if it would fit your helmet. Very little fog with it in place.

Quick Reply: Full Face Helmet Fogs Up.