Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheapest Toyhauler for two bikes

Old 02-15-2018, 06:54 AM
sleever
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at the new version from KX Does it hold 2 bike, full dressers???

Old 02-15-2018, 09:13 PM
7Sixpack7
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two Roadglides in the trailer and a king in the back of the pick up. Worked out great!

The following users liked this post:
sleever (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 09:16 PM
sleever
Stage IV

Looks good!!!!!

Old 02-15-2018, 09:17 PM
sleever
Stage IV

How long is the trailer???

Old 02-15-2018, 09:21 PM
kblhd
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 97 Posts

Check out the Work and Play 25CB.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 AM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JayStronghawk
You are welcome to look at this one Jerry .. Is a Bendron 714TAV Ramp Door, Side Door, Top Vent, Electric Brakes, Dual Axle.. Big enough to haul two Bikes easy .. I have hauled My Ultra and Sporty with lots of room to spare, but any windows, bed or other comforts would have to Do It Yourself .. Was thinking about doing this when bought it but basically all it is doing is sitting .. Has about 500 Miles on it Tops.. Paid 3295.00.. For 2,000 would let it go rather than see it just sit here That includes a Spare Tire as well ..

Attachment 561003

Attachment 561004
I was ready to pounce on this till I saw the post date!!! LOL!! I will keep looking,,,

Old 02-16-2018, 11:29 AM
HM_SanDiego
Road Captain

Received 238 Likes on 174 Posts

I was a toyhauler owner for 20 years, in the desert scene, and loved it.

Honestly, unless you like towing a trailer that is a box on wheels, you will appreciate having a home on wheels much more so, with a bathroom, shower, kitchen, and generator.

I started with a 1/2 ton pickup, when I bought my first toyhauler - 23 ft bumper pull (class 5 trailering package on the truck) that was built out of cast iron......The first trip out with that rig, up through the mountains, we ate a transmission.....made it through that weekend, came home with a rebuilt transmission, and put the truck up for sale, and went and purchased a Dodge Ram 3/4 ton diesel pickup. After about 2 seasons, I upgraded from the 23ft rig to a 30ft 5th wheel, and the difference between towing significant weight behind a vehicle on the towing receiver to a 5th wheel hitch is a giant difference. I couple years later I found a deal I couldn’t pass up on a much newer 35ft 5th wheel loaded with everything and then some....that also came with another upgrade in pickup truck - crew cab dually Dodge Ram 1-ton.

My advice to anyone contemplating a toyhauler, or any trailer, camping or otherwise - get all the comforts and options you can, you will thank yourself later. Get a larger rig than you think you need, you will thank yourself later. Have way more towing capacity than you need, you will thank yourself later.

Do your research, learn as much as you can. Upgrading every few years in a trailer and or a pickup can get expensive, depending on your buying choices.....in the long run, you can save money by getting into more than you think you want or need right now.

Resale in RV’s is terrible, it almost always makes way more money sense to buy gently preowned over buying new.....

Good luck

Old 02-16-2018, 07:33 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by UPSGUY
I was ready to pounce on this till I saw the post date!!! LOL!! I will keep looking,,,
I did the same exact thing. Ended up ordering a new trailer today because people think their 15 year old junk is gold. This one would have been a steal!

Old 02-17-2018, 04:53 PM
fl68hog
Intermediate
Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Toy Hauler

Picked up this toy hauler 3 yrs ago "used" ! Hauls Road King and a Dual Sport bike together or the sidecar rig (shown) . Funfinder 18' box 23' from hitch to back bumper, and 1/2 ton towable! Also, a plus is its easy to pull in/out of remote camp sites .

Attached Thumbnails Cheapest Toyhauler for two bikes-garden-003.jpg   Cheapest Toyhauler for two bikes-garden-009.jpg  

Last edited by fl68hog; 02-17-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,357 Likes on 3,995 Posts

I have a Work & Play Toyhauler by Forrest River.

They are a great, quality trailer. Mine has a 28' box. I wanted a 5th wheel, but I already owned the 2500 Ram. While the Cummins can pull a small city, the payload would have been maxed out by the pin weights of the 5th wheelers I was looking at.

I found the bumper pull Work & Play, bought a quality load leveling hitch, and I can barley tell this trailer is behind my truck...

It has a separate garage, which is good. I use the garage for a Harley or two, then when I get there, the garage becomes a big old doghouse for my Great Danes......

It's a fun way to travel...!!

This is the garage with the bike, and the dogs waiting their turn......

The dogs finally with their own room...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheapest Toyhauler for two bikes