Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally found the one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I finally found the one!!!

Those of you who know me on here know that I have had many bikes over the last several years. It seems like the quest for the perfect bike was a never-ending process. Well after 6 weeks and 1500 miles I can safely say that the search is finally over. My 2010 Ultra is the one. The absolute keeper. I can't find anything negative to say about it. Rides perfect. Fits me like a glove. Everything that I have done to it I am happy with. I don't look at it and say "I should have done something else". And everything I have planned I am not second guessing myself about. Both my wife and a friend (service mgr at the local dealership) said at two different times they can tell I am more into this bike than any other I have owned. I dunno. It just feels right. And the funny part about it is it two things that I never really looked at before. An Ultra and a black bike. I was always into the minimalist, monochromatic look and didn't want all the extras. And I never had a desire to own another black bike. Well here I am with a black bike with all the bells and whistles and a chitload of chrome that I intend to keep in tact. And I am perfectly content. Guess I was looking for the wrong thing all along. It is like my wife said earlier when we got back from a ride. "You didn't finally find a bike, you found your bike".

So all of you jokesters (you know who you are ) don't get to crack anymore "trading again" jokes on me. So there.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,722 Likes on 1,547 Posts

I ain't sayin nuthin....

For the record I think I found mine too.

lp

Old 10-23-2010, 04:51 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

enjoy the feeling while you have it cause it can change fast,,,for the price you paid ya better like it..Congrats nice color

Old 10-23-2010, 04:54 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I know exactly how you feel. My FLTRU is the perfect bike for us. Notice I said us because I ride 2up almost all the time. Now that I've added a few more bells and whistles (like you said), it is the perfect bike.

Take a look at my video.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I knew the jokesters would be the first to reply. LOL

Good feeling isn't it lp???

And even though how much I cringed at the thought of maintaining black, after a good detailing and a couple of coats of Zaino the other day, this thing looks damn purdy.

I acatually just watched your video this morning Steve in another thread. Pretty cool and that is a sweet ride.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:55 PM
MODCOBRA
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all of you jokesters (you know who you are ) don't get to crack anymore "trading again" jokes on me. So there.
Hehehe....it's early yet!!! Congrats anyway....I have a black classic and really love mine also....

Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Glad you finally found the "One".....Well at least till the next "One" come's along....

Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I too, found just the right one (#15), my wife just looks at me and says, yea right! But, the good thing is, she really likes this one and so do I.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Good for you! Great color too!

Old 10-24-2010, 06:20 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Black is Ultimate, once there you don't look back. Enjoy the ride as I am as mine is finally complete as far as I am concerned as well!

Attached Thumbnails I finally found the one!!!-harley-new-exhaust-008.jpg  

Quick Reply: I finally found the one!!!