Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Inner Fairing Removal..Step by Step… W/ Pics
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...ep-w-pics.html
Issue:
Had to remove inner fairing on wife’s bike, has included a step-by-step instructional on how to do it safely and without the dealer
Read below for full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Inner Fairing Removal..Step By Step...W/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 06:56 AM
SeeJeepCrawl
Road Master
Received 91 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by vonzoog
Go to any bike event where there are lots of bikes. Walk around and look at all the different bikes especially the ones with painted inner fairings. It doesn't matter what color it is a painted, the inner fairing looks so much better and more like a finished product. Compared to a painted ones the bikes with matted black inner fairings just looked drab and plain. Like an unfinished product that needs something done to it.
Thanks for the advice. I have seen many painted fairings at different events, but just had never seen a white one. I know the finish looks good, but most of the ones I have seen are the darker colors, like rootbeer, black, blue, etc. I just wondered if with the white being such a contrast from the matte black how the stock gauges, etc. looked against the white inner fairing.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
2lejit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome thread!!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Hessmonster
Cruiser

subscribed

Old 01-13-2014, 04:28 PM
UncleBigGeorge
Advanced

Thank you for everyones contribution of this DIY. It was perfect!

Old 01-13-2014, 04:41 PM
RCVANDAL
Cruiser

Great post, I'm sure it's not much different if any on the '14's

Thanks for taking the time and helping us all!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:11 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeJeepCrawl
Thanks for the advice. I have seen many painted fairings at different events, but just had never seen a white one. I know the finish looks good, but most of the ones I have seen are the darker colors, like rootbeer, black, blue, etc. I just wondered if with the white being such a contrast from the matte black how the stock gauges, etc. looked against the white inner fairing.
i know it isn't quite the same, but maybe this will help until someone with a stock inner fairing posts a pic....

Name:  P2130664.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  103.3 KB

now, i just wish there were a roadglide version of this post

Old 01-13-2014, 09:59 PM
MOTRDYD
Stage I

BUBBAS1

thanks for the great post super helpful to me

Old 01-13-2014, 10:57 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeeJeepCrawl
Of all the painted inner fairings out there, I think the white is the absolute sharpest look of all of them. If I owned a white touring scoot, the painted inner fairing would be one of my first mods.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:44 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Thanks to the OP for taking the time to post this...great work...I'm getting ready to paint my inner fairing, and this comes at a good time, although the service manual is pretty clear too...but this thread makes it even easier! One thing I learned earlier is that I'm gonna buy the ignition switch alignment tool from George's Garage BEFORE I start the job...yeah, if ya don't monkey with that area too much, you shouldn't need it, but...I think we all know how that goes!!! I was able to use a flat bladed screwdriver to get the job done last time, but it was touch & go there for a while, I'd rather spend the money and have it ready up front than have to wait a week or so and have my scoot down, donchaknow? Again, OP, thanks much!

Old 01-31-2014, 02:59 PM
Landon
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribed

Quick Reply: Inner Fairing Removal..Step By Step...W/Pics