Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:16 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok this will be my question to subscribe..........

I'm a bit confused. I see people asking about a trade in of their PC-5. So does this new product replace the PC-5 or is this a "tool" to add to the PC-5 like the autotune module?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:24 AM
TheDon81
Tourer

This unit appears what the Automotive industry has had for a while with the ability to reflash the ECM. This will definitely be the tuner to buy IMO as there is virtually no hook up, just plug and play.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:19 AM
geargrinder
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by troop
Gee, one step closer to putting the tuning techs out of business.....
Maybe not, having been in the automotive dyno tuning profession and seeing many generations of tuning tools come and go, if a better tool comes along that improves their ability to provide a better, faster and less expensive service, business increases.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure seems like this dealie would do the job for the life of the scoot... even right off the showroom floor. For instance, I'm having to live with the (now "50 State") Californistan lean condition. I did pop for an SEAC, a better muff, and a "Stage I" flash immediately but that has leaned things out more - barely tolerable even with the restrictive CAT still in-place. I'm still saving up to buy a real exhaust and a tuner but why not go ahead and get the tuner ASAP?

Wouldn't just having this type of tuner allow anyone to at least reduce engine temperature some, even on a pure stock scoot? Seems like even I could live with my own "rough shot" tunes until after I've completed all the other mods I'm planning. THEN pop for a Pro to do the final for-real tune after everything else is all done.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:53 AM
rkride
Cruiser

Jamie
I have been eying the TMAX with autotune for tbw bikes for a while. So how does this compare to the TMAX. I saw the price for the basic unit with the touch screen but how much is the additional AT100 and now with an additional box hooked into this thing much like the pcIII with wideband, how much space does this all take. Do you have some pictures of this setup?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
Will a dealer be able to tell that the ECM has been reflashed if you run into a warranty issue while under warranty?
You could either label your calibration with the same name as the stock cal and when they read it back it will match, or you can simply flash the stock calibration back into the ECM.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Teardrop
So after you get the bike dialed in, do you still need to have it hooked up to the bike?
The Power Vision does not need remain on the bike and can be used simply for retrieving/sending calibrations or as a handheld tool, however it is very useful as a real time display as you can easily configure it to monitor any of the ECM channels.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jerry L
This sounds interesting all right. Jamie, for someone that wants a tune and then gonna leave it alone, is this the right tuner? Or would something a little less exotic get the job done just as well? My wife wanted all those buttons and ***** on the washing machine, but she just turns it to "wash" each and every time, LOL.
Jerry
We recommend using the product that fits your tuning requirements and that you or your tuner feel most comfortable tuning with. It really depends on the the specific mods you have and the tuning features required to deliver a proper tune. We specialize in EFI Tuning products and work closely with our customers to provide the best tuning strategy for them on a personal level.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a question for Jaime. I don't understand why any of the HD re-calibrating tools (Power Vision, SEST, TTS, etc.) need to be tied to any particular machine (VIN). Why is this?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:26 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by 6023zub
OK, Jamie. Do you have any dyno runs you can show us to see just what can be achieved with this thing?

What about switching between two different maps? Is there an easy way to accomplish the switch without re-flashing?

Buz
Dyno runs are going to show the same with Power Vision as with the PC-V, both products can provide a great tune.

The Power Vision will hold the entire map database, there are 6 "active" slots that are which allow users to easily switch between maps right on the touch screen. You cannot however change maps with the bike running.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Power Vision, the future of Tuning is here!