Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 01:15 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Considering whether or not to use an engine treatment or other fuel additives? Gas stabilizers are recommended for long term storage as gas degrades over time. However, modern oils already contain additives and members seem to have split opinions.

Read the full discussion below to find out what the forum members are doing.
Print Wikipost

Anyone Using BestLine engine treatment or any other additive?

Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone Using BestLine engine treatment or any other additive?

I saw this commercial the other day on the speed channel I am wondering if anyone is using this in their bike or any other additive like Zmax, Duralube, Slick 50 etc. Wondering if its working for you, I know its is hard to say unless you have a gagillion miles on ya scoot without any problems but just wanting to know, I have used Zmax in my cars b4. Here is a link to the site https://www.getbestline.com/flare/ne...han=G&data1=TM

Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Your motor only needs a decent quality Motor oil, they already have additive packages in them, some more than others but any major brand will be adequate. I do use seafoam in the fuel system and spray into the TB while the motor is running to clear out carbon build up every now and then.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just Seafoam in the gas when I winterize it

Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master

I will tell you the reason I am asking is since I am able to ride year round I notice when my oil temps at startup are below 45 degrees F I can hear the what sounds like the roller bearings in the engine making noise for about 2 or 3 min until the oil starts to flow through the engine and then they quiet down once they get the pressure they need. I am just thinking that it is causing unnecessary wear and wanted that extra protection upon startup. I wish amsoil made a 10w-50 and 15w-50 the temp range here is crazy.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

I only use two additives in my bikes. I put in Stabil Marine grade gas stabilizer for winter storage once a year, and I add Techron to the gasoline at every oil change 3000 miles to keep carbon on the valves and piston tops under control. I don't use any other additives of any kind. My last bike had over 100000 trouble free miles on her and was still running strong. I run Amsoil 20w 50 and we have lower temps than that at times during our riding season and I don't here unusual noises at start up? I also run Amsoil 75w 140 severe gear in my tranny with no problems in low temps?

Last edited by Rickr01; 11-16-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

If you use amsoil you have no issue, the clacking you hear is from lack of a large layer of protective lube in the rocker area, a decent oil which amsoil is will leave a residual layer of lubricant on the parts so unless you run really hot for an extended period you are doing no damage at all to the motor. If I could I would post a powerpoint with pics showing what I am trying to explain here. Mobil 1 makes a 15 50 you can get in Walmart pretty cheap, I run this in winter here in Fla, perfectly good in the engine of a modern tourer. I am not advocating one oil over another so please dont start the flaming threads guys.

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I will tell you the reason I am asking is since I am able to ride year round I notice when my oil temps at startup are below 45 degrees F I can hear the what sounds like the roller bearings in the engine making noise for about 2 or 3 min until the oil starts to flow through the engine and then they quiet down once they get the pressure they need. I am just thinking that it is causing unnecessary wear and wanted that extra protection upon startup. I wish amsoil made a 10w-50 and 15w-50 the temp range here is crazy.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:21 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Just Seafoam in the gas when I winterize it
And an extra shot now and then to keep me...Ah mean it running smooth!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Thanks for the reply I will keep the Bestline for my cars, I just thought it was impressive to run a car for 200 miles with no oil and no water, I had a chance to do this by accident in highschool when my oil pressure switch went bad in my '87 Olds Delta 88 and I drove that car home from work with no oil for 26miles and did not know (switch was bad so oil light did not come on) the only reason i noticed was the engine sounded different. At that time I was using Duralube and it worked no engine damage and it did not run hot. I had that car for 3 years after that and gave it to my dad for a work car when I moved here.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 PM
bagman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

You dont need any additives, as mentioned there is enough additives in the oil. There is always a film of oil on all the moving parts in an engine and there is NO added wear at start up, this is the biggest marketing load of crap that ever hit the market. If this were true after a couple of thousand start ups for sure all the motors would be toasted. The noise you hear is the clearances without the flow of oil pressure until the oil completes its cycle in the engine and fills the clearances (HD is on the wider side of close tolerances). As long as you dont load the motor before it has the proper warm up time, it will be fine.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 AM
BestlineRacing
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Bestline Engine Treatment that you were inquiring about is the only patented product of its kind on the market. Our products are fully synthetic NOT chemically made, but from crude that is processed through hydrogen. This patented process gives Bestline a molecular property that allows it to impregnate the metal of your engine. Giving it a layer of micro lubrication that out performs all competitors. Put your bike on a Dyno you will see an increase in horsepower! By reducing parasitic loss you send more power to the rear wheel. You get unmatched protection from friction, heat and wear. Which equates to better fuel economy, lower maintenance cost, better performance, etc...
http://bestlineproducts.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone Using BestLine engine treatment or any other additive?