Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audio Questions 2011 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 373 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Audio Questions 2011 Street Glide

I have a few questions on the audio side of the house. I'm sure some of these questions have been asked in the past so bare with me.
First off I'm a black man, not that my skin color has anything to do with anything. I listen to a a number of different music genre's from hip hop to rock and believe it or not some country, not that there is anything wrong with country music. I'm more into the music than the lyrics. Most artist can shut the H up if you ask me. I'm more into the music. If it has a good beat I will listen to it. Here are my questions:

Has anyone had any experience with the Alpine IVA-D106? If you have, have you had any problems with it and what hand control functions do you lose if you have it installed on your bike? Also how does it perform, with bumps, dust ect?

Next does anyone have any experience with the Alpine PDX-M12 Digital Amp? I hear the clairity is unmatched by anything out there. Your thoughts?
I plan on running Rockford Fosgate speakers through Paul Yaffe's(Bagger Nation) 6x9 speaker lids. Your thoughts on the speakers? Thanks for any input.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Berm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look into Biketronics so that you can still use all of the hand controls with the Alpine head unit.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Berm, thanks got one question answered.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
jagerbomb
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

go here http://www.cyclesounds.com/
I haven't heard anything even close

Mark

Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks Mark. Will check them out.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:05 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keesan,

First off, welcome to the forum.

Next,.......... the Alpine PDX-M12 is a sub woofer amp, that only runs 1 channel. If going with an Alpine, you'd want either a 4.100 or 4.150. Very clean, cool running , digital amps, that draw very little power. I run 2 of them on my system.

Biketronics has the kit to make almost any head unit compatible with the hand controls. I also use this.

I went with the Kenwood head unit( KT819DVD), it had the highest pre-amp 'out' on the market,........better specs than the Alpine. Could be a Ford/Chevy thing though.

I have a set of Rockfords in my rear seat pods. What size can you run in those lids ??

If 6X9, Pioneer Premier 2 ways really KICK hard !!

Check out the link in my signature. It details all aspects of the system I built.

If you have any questions, just post em. There are a few guys on here that have nice custom "sound systems" , and are always willing to help !!

Old 11-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

GlaciePearl,

Thanks for the help. Very nice system. How does the head unit do out in the elements? That is one of my main concerns. I know don't get it wet but what about dirt and pollen?

Old 11-25-2010, 11:39 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Haven't had any issues yet. Lived in Las Vegas when I installed the system,.....so weather was NEVER an issue. Had it 2 years running, and everything is a-OK !!

Biketronics did send me a clear shield that fits snugly in the radio hole, to keep the elements out,.but I've never used it.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
Haven't had any issues yet. Lived in Las Vegas when I installed the system,.....so weather was NEVER an issue. Had it 2 years running, and everything is a-OK !!

Biketronics did send me a clear shield that fits snugly in the radio hole, to keep the elements out,.but I've never used it.

Cool. I did read through your thread from start to finish. You put in a lot of work and looks nice and bet it sounds even better. Like I said earlier I listen to a little of everything from rap to rock and want my system to handle all sides and still sound good. Well now that I got all my questions answered guess I can go ahead and get started on getting what I need for my system. Thanks for the info and step by step info and photos you posted.