Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing A HD Audible Alarm

Old 11-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Mikechk
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing A HD Audible Alarm

I have the factory security on my 2010 RG. Can I or can anyone tell me how to install the HD alarm module? $150.00 for install at my local HD dealer sounds very expensive.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
HDGent
Advanced

Check this thread. There are tons of suggestions on how to do this for $10 or so. Most have to do with going to Radio Shack and getting the horn from them.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...s-to-save.html

Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Feedsack
Cruiser
Thumbs up alarm and radio shack alarm

i also had the hd alarm but to annoy r i also put in series an Radio shack alarm
I noticed the radio shack piecing alrm bothered people but the hd one did not

Old 11-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Bushrider
Tourer
Default Very, very

Originally Posted by Mikechk
I have the factory security on my 2010 RG. Can I or can anyone tell me how to install the HD alarm module? $150.00 for install at my local HD dealer sounds very expensive.
Expensive. I bought the smart siren module and rechargable pager from Zanotti for about US$135. Comes with easy-to-follow instructions. Piece of cake - pretty much plug and play.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
Mikechk
1st Gear

So, how did you attach the Radio Shack alarm. I have found the instructions on this site on how to install the HD alarm.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 AM
Hollywud
Novice
Default RS siren

I used the radio shack alarm on mine. Works great and took about 5 minutes.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

A couple of advantages to the HD unit...1 is the battery that it has inside, if the wires are cut it keeps going off, even if removed and thrown on the ground. 2 is tha pager, which keeps letting you know something is up, even if you are 1/2 mile away and inside. At rallys where you are outside I've had the pager work from as far as a mile.

Last, since you are hooking up to the turn signal module where the harley alarm is built in, you can do damage to the ECM. Have a couple of friends who used the radio shack, one on a v-rod, one on an Ultra, both saved 40 bucks on the siren, and both bought new ECM's when the thing shorted out.

It happens...

Old 10-30-2012, 07:12 AM
GSHOG
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-2011-rgc.html

If you go to this link you will find step by step instructions with photos on how to install the Radio Shack alarm. I did it two years ago and it took less than an hour, start to finish.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:34 AM
SkipCarey
Tourer

The hd one takes ten minutes and couldnt be easier plugs right in

Old 10-30-2012, 09:06 AM
Sweetbaboo
Road Master

I have the HD Smart Siren II on my EGC. I love it. So simple to install, internal battery backup, and loud as hell. The best part is that I have it set to chirp along with the lights flash when the system is both arming and disarming, just like my car. It's nice to just park and start walking away while hearing the chirp without looking. The chirp also serves as a better deterrent than just the lights flashing. And, no worries about screwing up my ECM with a cheap Radio Shack piece. There's a time to go cheap ***, and a time to do it right. Really, compared to other things I've bought either for the bike, or related to the bike (clothes, helmet, etc.) it's not that much, and it's something I hear and feel good about each and every time I start or park the bike.

I've also noticed that since I installed the HD Smart Siren II, my bike runs smoother, I have a cooler right leg, my rear tire gets 20,000 miles, no decel popping, no pinging, bugs don't stick to my fairing, and large breasted cheerleaders come skipping up to me wanting a ride. But hey, results vary. (passes joint)

Last edited by Sweetbaboo; 10-30-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing A HD Audible Alarm