Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission exhaust bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:18 PM
mario medeiros
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission exhaust bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just removed my V&H long shots to install my new Jack Pot mufflers using my buddys stock headers (2000 elec classic) and the tranny bracket is not the stock one.It is flat with a hole in the center of the plate.Is there anyway this plate will work?And if i need to install the stock bracket(which i don't have)do i need to drain the tranny oil?Thanks and PS if i need 1 anyone have one?Mario

Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
FDHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 237 Likes on 123 Posts

You can pick up a stock bracket at a dealer. Don't have to drain tranny oil.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

No, you don't need to drain the transmission. If you need a different bracket it's one of the few inexpensive parts available from Harley.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
mario medeiros
Advanced

It looks like i need to remove the motor oil filler spout to get to the 1 bolt and on the other side i need to remove the clutch cable that goes into the tranny to get to the other bolt.Can i pull the cable out that goes into the tranny or will i need to remove the tranny cover?And if i need to remove the cover off to get to the 1 bolt(no need to drain oil)?Also any chance i can reuse the gaskets,and will i need to add some silicone to them?Just came off a shovelhead this tc stuff is all new to me.Thanks guys.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:58 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

You need to pull the tranny cover to remove the clutch cable. If you leave the bike on the side stand and run the tires up on a 2X4 you will not loose much oil just a few drops. If you clean the gasket really good and put some RVT on it you will be fine. You might see if a heavy duty hose clamp will work at the tranny mouint. Supertrapps replace the stock bracket with a hose clamp. they do retain the bracket that actually mounts to the tranny tho and just run a clamp around the exhuast pipe and the bracket.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:07 PM
mario medeiros
Advanced

I have the clamp that is on the exhaust pipe i just don't have the stock bracket that bolts onto the tranny.Good to know about putting the tires on 2x4 to not have to drain the oil.BTW happen to have a bracket kicking around LOL Thanks

Old 04-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Elliots
Stage I

Originally Posted by mario medeiros
It looks like i need to remove the motor oil filler spout to get to the 1 bolt and on the other side i need to remove the clutch cable that goes into the tranny to get to the other bolt.Can i pull the cable out that goes into the tranny or will i need to remove the tranny cover?And if i need to remove the cover off to get to the 1 bolt(no need to drain oil)?Also any chance i can reuse the gaskets,and will i need to add some silicone to them?Just came off a shovelhead this tc stuff is all new to me.Thanks guys.

did you have to pull the oil filler spout or just take those few bolts off. Got the same problem.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:33 AM
BigBobby1969
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Clutch cover help!!!!!!!!!??????

I also am changing to a 2-1 on my 06 road king and I need to remove the bolts you guys are talking about I already removed the oils spout filler tube but my clutch cable is in the way!! Can I just remove the clutch cover without changing the clutch adjustment take the bolt out get the bracket off and replace the clutch cover?? Will it be just that easy or when I move the clutch cover will I screw up my clutch cable release mechanism?? Any knowledge on this would be helpful thank you!!

Old 11-17-2020, 05:28 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Get a service manual. If u mess something up you can fix it and congrats on the 10 year old resurrection.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:59 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,658 Likes on 945 Posts

Sounds like to much b/s for me. I would fabricate something to make it work. Can't hoe many times i have fabricated something for a bike or car I guess people don't do that anymore.

Quick Reply: Transmission exhaust bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!