Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel very fortunate to own my bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:47 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I hate to say it but it is true, I have way too many toys and I am thankful that I have had the ability to buy/own them; my ride is my most precious of my toys, and it will be in the stable long after the rest are history.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Ultra EEG
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Family, job, bike in that order. Job has been unstable for years. Now the boss is leaving which makes even more unstable. Bike is paid off so the cost per year is very low. House almost paid for as well. Things could be better but right now sitting pretty. Happy Holidays

Old 12-26-2010, 02:51 PM
badknees
Road Master

Well put. Be happy with what you have cause others have nothing.

Old 12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Ryding Rob
Intermediate

Great post

Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

It looks like I'm being forced into retirement in about 8 months, and I'm not financially ready, but likely will have no choice. I've wanted a new bike, but have resisted the temptation to go into debt for one, and when I do have to cut back even more, at least I'll be able to keep what I have. My winter mods will likely take a big hit, though. I pushed hard to get this one where it is, and now I can take my time doing a little here and there. I love the process of upgrading and modifying, and if I was making payments on a new bike, there's no way it would be anything other than stock.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:24 PM
jcr
Cruiser

Went through the same thing at my job lost 20% of pay last yr. Got it back now though.
You will love this though.
I sold over 115 projects for the compnythis yr. The closest salesman tome sold 50. Oh yea went way of a few mil also.
Only one other guy did that also.
I was rewarded with $200.00.
Now I did the math on 14 jobs. I did job costing on the 14 and figured out that I made the owner $203K just on those 14 jobs out of 114.
Tell me someone somewhere is getting rich and just not sharing.
While I feel lucky to have a job and to be able to put food in the mouths of my family, I cannot help but wonder when Karma is going to kick in!!!
Stay safe and have a safe and happy holiday.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:43 PM
kredin
Outstanding HDF Member

I thank my lucky stars for the life I lead and the family I have.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Jahillsr
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Condolences. All the best to your Grandmother and your family on this day Drew.

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
This is a greta thread to read first thing in the morning. Life is good. I have a Harley Davidson that I own as well. Things could be much worse. I have to go see my grandmother today as my grandfather died on Christmas eve.

Thanks for the perspective.

Drew

Old 12-26-2010, 05:00 PM
johnmon
Intermediate

I totally agree with you as well. Ride safe and keep the dream alive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

07 Street Bob, Street Slammers, Stage 1 Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather, Big Radius.

Attached Thumbnails I feel very fortunate to own my bike-2010-10-09-16.55.23.jpg  
Old 12-26-2010, 06:24 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

This is a great post. To many of us, including myself take things for granted. It is nice to have the ability to have 2 good incomes in a house and give the kids a good Christmas this time of year. I look back at some of the things that my parents did for 4 kids growing up in the 80's and it makes you thankful. Times are tough for a lot of people around this country right now and all we can hope is that things get better. I am very thankful that I can own what I own and have the toys that I want but in the same breath they would all be gone in a second if I had to provide for my children.. Great Post

Quick Reply: I feel very fortunate to own my bike