Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I feel very fortunate to own my bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 AM
pdb
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also feel fortunate to be able to ride. I am 54 years old and never rode a bike in my life until two years ago when I bought a Yamaha V-Star 1100, took the safety course and learned to ride. Bought a 2007 Road King Classic in September just before going on a 1,900 mile week long ride. It is an understatement to say I appreciate and enjoy what I have.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:43 AM
trook
Advanced

I wish my two used bikes were paid for. Unfortunately, they are currently being financed by a home equity loan. Hopefully, I'll sell one of them this spring. I'm not bitchin' though. I realize that I am more fortunate than most, and many people would kill just to have ANY job right now.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Divorced with no children here. 2009- lost quarterly safety bonus, then that fall, lost 8.5 % pay. Recently pay was restored, but not the safety bonus. Bikes are aging, but long paid for. Greatful to have them to ride. If I were to lose my job, they're untouchable. I would park them at a friends home while I struggled to get back on my feet. Not letting the bikes go for any reason. Glad to be working in this economy. Grateful for my health and ability to work.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

Great subject. I paid mine off this time last year. This spring I had a bad wreck that I shouldn't have lived through. I spent all summer and fall bitching about the time it took to fix my bike and have been bitching about the weather this fall and winter. This post brought me down to the reality of how lucky I am to be alive and have my family and bike in tact. Thanks for knocking me off my pitty pot.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I am thankfull, if I got sick or hurt, I would lose about every thing, self employed with no cover my *** insurance or savings.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM
jdiamondv
Cruiser

Great post, read everyone, we all have to be gratefull for everything in life that we treasure, whatever that is. Happy New Year

Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 130 Likes on 76 Posts

I whole heartedly agree. I feel like I'm one of the chosen few just to have a nice ride and wish life was easier for everyone. So many friends are having a tough time with this economy. I really feel blessed.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
jcanrun
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am in total agreement with my friend, the op. Watching the news and hearing about people being laid off and out of work for months and even years makes me appreciate what I have. I'm lucky enough to own my bike outright with no loan. I can't imagine trying to fix it up if I also had a monthly payment as well. If I didn't have my bike, I'm not sure that I would bite the bullet and buy a new one since I'm worried about the future like everyone else. My job is relatively safe although they keep piling more and more work on us workers while taking away resources. Basically, making us do more with less. But, what makes this forum fun and interesting, is that it helps take your mind off the stressful things in life (at least for most of the postings). Nothing like thinking about and planning little upgrades to your toys. Kind of like a nice little get away.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:28 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by emwolb
in today's economy, i feel very lucky to be able to afford this part of the american dream. our big twin harleys is as good as it gets, the best of the best. there have been times in years past when all i could own was an old worn out 350 honda. i have a great 08 streetglide which i got when it was new, and sometimes when we get to complaining about our bikes, just remember, we're pretty darn lucky to own what we got. some guys can afford to trade up every few years, or even own more than one harley. wishing everyone had a great christmas and going to have a good 2011.
Well I feel damn luck to own my 98 FLH.I read all these post from people getting their 2009-10-11's and having all this high dollar bling put on it before it even leaves the stealership.Not to mention the other 1-3 bikes sitting back home in their garages!Hell I can't afford to do all the things I'd like to do to it ,even looking on ebay and CList,but.....it's mine!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
rome304
Road Warrior

best thread i read in a long time it all can be taken away if you dont appreciate it i feel very blessed and that demon comes out give me more.

Quick Reply: I feel very fortunate to own my bike