Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   I feel very fortunate to own my bike (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/594063-i-feel-very-fortunate-to-own-my-bike.html)

emwolb 12-26-2010 05:13 AM

I feel very fortunate to own my bike

in today's economy, i feel very lucky to be able to afford this part of the american dream. our big twin harleys is as good as it gets, the best of the best. there have been times in years past when all i could own was an old worn out 350 honda. i have a great 08 streetglide which i got when it was new, and sometimes when we get to complaining about our bikes, just remember, we're pretty darn lucky to own what we got. some guys can afford to trade up every few years, or even own more than one harley. wishing everyone had a great christmas and going to have a good 2011.

hardwork2 12-26-2010 06:19 AM

I couldn't agree more. I just got a raise awhile back when others are loosing their jobs. I think its funny(not Ha Ha) how we the fortunate ones sit back and bitch about the . excess heat, tire wear, ect. We should all consider How lucky we are. I'm probly the worst one of all

SpiderPig 12-26-2010 06:24 AM

Well said. Sometimes it is good to reflect and be thankful for all and everyone around you as well!

dfirecpt 12-26-2010 06:49 AM

I sold my part of the American Dream in Sept. Someday, I'll have disposable income again.

Iceman24 12-26-2010 06:54 AM

In today's economy - feel happy to have a job & enough $$$ to put food on table. Bikes are materalistic & can be replaced...feel better to be happy, healthy & alive!

lkr0 12-26-2010 07:13 AM

I'm just grateful to be alive and healthy-- the rest is gravy

Casper 12-26-2010 07:26 AM

True, sometimes we forget how well we do have it. Family, job, food, roof over our head, our health, and then the Harley...
Yep, pretty good

1st 96 ultra 12-26-2010 07:29 AM

I feel very lucky , 2 years ago lost 15% pay and 2 weeks vacation but kept my job, now back to full pay but will never get the vacation time back but doing good and have 2 great bikes and a great wife and life , I hear people win concert tickets or different things on the radio and they will call in and be so happy cause they have been out of work for a year or two and can not aford to go out or do anything and then I really think how lucky I am

RoadHog659 12-26-2010 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by lkr0 (Post 7700373)
I'm just grateful to be alive and healthy-- the rest is gravy

Amen! Not a day goes by that I don't thank my lucky stars for the life I ended up with. Just looking around, I consider myself very fortunate. Wife, kids, bike, job ... life is good.

mastery 12-26-2010 07:47 AM

Amen. I was out of work for 8 months last year after the company I worked at went out of business with no notice, and finally got to working again. Believe me, never been harder to keep the things in our lives...home, vehicles, bike, food on the table, etc. We struggled bad...if I hadn't found work in two more weeks, the bike was going out the door.

Every time I see the bike now, I appreciate it more than I did when I originally got it. People complain about the smallest things, I'm just glad we were able to eat, sleep, and stay healthy during the worse times.