Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 120r

Old 04-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hydrolock43
Leave your HD stock and if you want to go fast buy a metric. 120R is not anything but a waste of cash if you want to go fast and have a bike that handles too. I bought one for my 2010 Roadglide and have another sitting in a shipping crate it came in. Damn waste of cash now that i installed one,they run pretty strong but almost any Jap bike will make you look silly. I have a Kawasaki KDX500 one cylinder dirt bike that will make that 120R look sick all the way up to 100+ Waste of money trying to get a 2cylinder air cooled pushrod bike try to go faster than anything other than a less money spent on the engine HD. Harley Davidson use to make a snowmobile but they could only get it to go over 28mph so they don't sell them anymore. 120R is a 2 cylinder pig that will burn up in a couple seasons for sure.
Guess your statement means that second SE 120R you have in the crate must be for sale cheap since they are such a turd. Can't wait to see what price you put on it, I need a second one of those non running engines to put in my non handling street glide since my street bob won't hardly get out of it's own way since I put the 120R in it...

Old 04-24-2011, 01:03 AM
HFS
Club Member
Received 305 Likes on 193 Posts

Do you look at your bike and fall in love?

I love my bike.

I loved it the day I rode it home stock.

It did have stage 1 done, but I loved it to bits.

I loved the stereo, and the clunky transmission.

I added the 26H andrews cams, and the TTS tuner.

it woke the sleeping giant, to 100 ft lb, and 89 HP.

Now after the 120R, it is a whole new machine. 131 HP, 130 ft. lb. torque.

you either love your bike or you dont. I didn't like renting a bike in Texas when I went. I shoulda rode my bike there.

Do what you gotta do.

I love my bike, it is the first thing in my life that feels like it was meant for me.

I want to experience everything I can from the seat of it.

Do what makes you happy. Me? 2009 FLHX with a 120R makes me giddy...

Old 04-24-2011, 01:26 AM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Leave your HD stock and if you want to go fast buy a metric. 120R is not anything but a waste of cash if you want to go fast and have a bike that handles too. I bought one for my 2010 Roadglide and have another sitting in a shipping crate it came in. Damn waste of cash now that i installed one,they run pretty strong but almost any Jap bike will make you look silly. I have a Kawasaki KDX500 one cylinder dirt bike that will make that 120R look sick all the way up to 100+ Waste of money trying to get a 2cylinder air cooled pushrod bike try to go faster than anything other than a less money spent on the engine HD. Harley Davidson use to make a snowmobile but they could only get it to go over 28mph so they don't sell them anymore. 120R is a 2 cylinder pig that will burn up in a couple seasons for sure.
Wait...what???

Old 04-24-2011, 05:17 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you bought the 120 because you thought it would make your Harley touring bike out perform a jap bike, your crazy. Simple math would have told you that wasnt going to happen. I bought mine because I wanted a large increase in performance over stock and was considering every thing out there, 103/107's with head work, 113 kits, head quarters,axtell, tman, you name it I checked it out and price wise, the 120 was the best value in my mind. Am I going to beat a guy on a rice burner in a drag, probably not but I bet I suprise the hell out of him.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:54 AM
hydrolock43
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 120r

It's much better than what you get stock from HD but face it you are not going to impress too many people with it all it does is make your Harley able to get out of it's own way. I never thought that it would make my glide a race bike but if you look at some of the numbers people are posting and talk of pulling the front end up off the ground in the upper gears you have to laugh. Some think they have a race machine but will loose that ego when some teenager flies by them in a Volkswagen Jeta on the cell phone. I like the 120R in the bike but it is still a pig.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

let me know when you put the 120 up for sale

Old 04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

It's much better than what you get stock from HD but face it you are not going to impress too many people with it all it does is make your Harley able to get out of it's own way. I never thought that it would make my glide a race bike but if you look at some of the numbers people are posting and talk of pulling the front end up off the ground in the upper gears you have to laugh. Some think they have a race machine but will loose that ego when some teenager flies by them in a Volkswagen Jeta on the cell phone. I like the 120R in the bike but it is still a pig.

but is it a reliable or unreliable pig? A pig that will last a season, maybe two, or a solid heavy weight holding the title for many years? that to me is the question, how long is it going to last.

I appreciate you posting your opinion and experience, both positive and negative. Often too many times people post the positive and either don't post the short comings or don't recognise them. Thanks again.

Last edited by hog95023; 04-24-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the fact that this is such a new motor and there is not much information on the reliability is what is keeping me from getting one. i need a scooter that i can hope on and ride 500 miles and not worry about over and over again. having a race motor in a touring bike meant to ride long distances is what makes my hold off. i too would love one, but i dont want to get out in the middle of not place and have the motor said, "Im going to lock up now."

Old 04-24-2011, 09:46 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by HOG_0308
the fact that this is such a new motor and there is not much information on the reliability is what is keeping me from getting one. i need a scooter that i can hope on and ride 500 miles and not worry about over and over again. having a race motor in a touring bike meant to ride long distances is what makes my hold off. i too would love one, but i dont want to get out in the middle of not place and have the motor said, "Im going to lock up now."
That's not a very good reason! Pop a 120R in, tuck your old motor away in the garage, ride the 120R until it won't go - replace and carry on....

Old 04-24-2011, 09:56 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

The only downside I can see, is that you lose your matching VIN number on the case. When I am ready to do it, I may have to build a S&S 124 out of my stock case, with a welded and trued forged crank and rods.

or go with this 120R

43....damn you sound bitter.....you need to have a beer and a woman, I think.

~Joe

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SE 120r