Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides

Old 01-10-2011, 07:42 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts
Default any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides

let me start by saying im whats known as a little dude, 5'5" and weigh all of 155 soaking wet.

long story short (no pun intended) i sat on a street glide yesterday and have to say if i was about 2" taller i probably would have bought it on the spot. it's an extremely nice looking bike but im on the ***** of my feet on it and was wondering what can be done to lower it without losing ride comfort and handling?

also any photos of lowered street glides would be appreciated

Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
don2010
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you find an 09 or later bagger fat baggers has a drop seat kit that lowers your seat about 3" but it is kind of pricy. plus shorter front and rear .... hope that helps

Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HD1C
let me start by saying im whats known as a little dude, 5'5" and weigh all of 155 soaking wet.

long story short (no pun intended) i sat on a street glide yesterday and have to say if i was about 2" taller i probably would have bought it on the spot. it's an extremely nice looking bike but im on the ***** of my feet on it and was wondering what can be done to lower it without losing ride comfort and handling?

mine is lowered .but i cost about a grand to do ( arnott air ride ) drops down when i need it back up when ridng adjustable rebound and rides good certainly no worse than stock shocks
never have bottomed out .even 2up. there are other options but this is my choice.
good luck

Old 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HD1C

I'm 5' 5" also and I used used the HD fork springs to lower the front 1" and I lowered the rear with a kit that drops the rear shocks 1". I also had my local upholstery shop rework my seat to drop me another inch or so. I can now have my feet flat on the ground. Ride is still good.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

I say I am 5-5 but I am really only 5-4. AS far as I know you can lower the front they have a kit I did not want to do that dont care for the look. First thing I did was modify the stock seat I cut the foam on the sides it was easy to do all you need is a stapler and a knife. Making seat narrower got me feet on the ground. I tried the Harley reach seat all I can say is puts you to close to handle bars very uncomfortable. I have two Mustang seats one I use on trips but I did my own modifications to that seat also used a grinder to take down foam and you need a drill and rivet gun however I seen some nice gel seat kits on e-bay and I am going to re visit the mods on that seat sometime this summer. The 3rd seat I bought is the Mustang day tripper and it puts your feet flat on the ground and best part NO modifications I use that seat around town and its on the bike most of the time. Long trips I put my Mustang vintage seat on and I have the optional back rest. So in short LOL look at seat mods and or check out lowering the front end. I have some pics in my profile not sure what seats are on in those pics I dont recall would have to look. Go buy the street glide you will love it.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Mean City can drop your seat...at least 1-1.5" & then you could lower rear (shocks).

Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 AM
ehans
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife is 5'3" and the only thing she did was get the HD Reach Seat for about $200 or so. SG almost fits her perfectly. She wants to swap out the handlebars but that is because of the angle they are at, not due to height issues.

She said with the Reach Seat and a 30" inseam, you should be ok.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you have riding boots on? I'm 5'6" and with my boots on I'm ok but left calf is on primary

Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member

thanks for the answers so far,

being the no *** narrow hip type (at least thats what i my wife says)
i can reach the controls with room to spare but i can feel my thighs stretched when feet are on the ground so i think if it had a narrower seat i would be ok and i will look in to that first. hopefully this dealer has the reach seat in stock and if so see if they can install it so i cant at least sit on the bike and see where im at from there

thanks again

Old 01-10-2011, 09:07 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkrisma
did you have riding boots on? I'm 5'6" and with my boots on I'm ok but left calf is on primary
yes, i had my timberlands on which is what i ride in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any short people(5'5" or less) with street glides