Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wolo Bad Boy Motorcycle Air Horn ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have the Wolo, but I do have the Stebel. I did the same thing as someone mentioned above. Took the compressor off the horn itself. Put the compresser under my seat and made the horn fit under my cowbell - Looks stock. I linked the two with a half inch black fuel line. The stebel has been awesome. It was actually the only thing that survived my old Vulcan flipping down the interstate when I rolled my truck 2 years ago. Took it off that and have had it on my SG ever since. Have never had any issues with it.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Wolo is a great horn, nice and loud... mounted off stock bracket. If I recall I had to drill the mounting hole a bit larger for the bolt, relay under seat in spare location, ran wires from factory side to relay and battery to relay to horn. No problems in over a year and 10000 miles.

Attached Thumbnails Wolo Bad Boy Motorcycle Air Horn ???-wolo-1.jpg   Wolo Bad Boy Motorcycle Air Horn ???-wolo-2.jpg  
Old 03-27-2012, 09:41 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Stebel mounted on my 12 SG... Works great. The instructions tell you to make sure you mount the compressor vertical... It will go bad if not. I took the horn off the compressor. I mounted the horn inside of the cow bell original horn housing. I used black 1/4" fuel tubing (no flex.. better sound) and ran it to the compressor I mounted beside the fuse panel where the HD siren would go.. (Just FYI i installed the radio shack sirens inside the frame) I used barbed pipe fitting in the plastic horn. Just use some good glue. works great. And because the tube does not flex, my air horn goes off immediately when I press the button. Good luck

Old 03-27-2012, 09:52 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyote
The Wolo Horn does NOT come apart.. it is a One piece unit.. the only thing(s) that come apart are the 2 horn covers..
I have one.. havent installed it yet.. but I am planning on mounting it under the fairing in the left speaker area..
It comes as one unit, but yes it does come apart. There are 2 lips that hold the cylinder compressor to the horn. Pull those pieces apart and the compressor will come out. You may actually wanna do that since you are putting it in the fairing - you won't have much room in there if you keep it as one piece. But hey, I may be wrong since I have never done that. I have been in my fairing a bunch though and I don't see it fitting.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:54 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tMNOc0ywufM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-27-2012, 09:55 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hope that helped

Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
dets97
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit a deer on my wide glide and mangled the cowbell horn so I bought one of these wolo air horns from J & P for around $50. I was able to mount it where the cowbell was no problems I just extended the wires to under the seat where I connected it to the battery and the relay. I had it hooked up to the stock wiring without the relay and it worked ok but if you held the horn in too long you could smell a little wire cooking. So needless to say I installed the relay. My only problems is the little round plastic cover that you see on the outside came loose and would rattle around. I was always afraid it was going to fall off. And also I washed my bike with the seat off and hit the horn before everything dried good and ruined the relay. Easy fix just went to autozone and bought a new one and swapped out, i think it took about 2 minutes. I have been thinking about buying one for my street glide. They are definitely loud and unique.

Old 06-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Lucki121
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wolo Mounting

Originally Posted by scottdoege
I just bought the same horn and haven't had a chance to get into the garage to figure how to mount it on my ultra. I am interested in what folks have done as well.

Thanks,

Scott
Hi Scott,
Just mounted this horn yesterday on my Ultra. There’s an easy way and there’s the right way. I suggest going the tough route and doing it right. For this ensure you read Wolo’s instructions throughly and make sure you have all the right gear on deck before you start the installation. This will mean a fusable link for 20A fuse and some wiring. both 14 and 16 gauge wiring. You won’t need a lot of wire but you will need proper connectors for same. Next plan to remove both the seat and the gas tank to get proper access to allow you to run your wires properly. Sounds daunting but it’s really not that difficult. Check out youtube if you’re uncertain about removing that equipment for access. From there it’s simply follow the wiring instructions supplied with the horn. It’ll take you a while if you’re not familiar with stripping off the seat and tank and accessing the battery but it’ll be well worth it when you’re done. LOUD and effective on the street. Works like a damn.

Sorry new to forums. Didn’t notice the dates.. Presume you’ve long ago installed your wolo.

Last edited by Lucki121; 06-13-2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:22 PM
rubberguy
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Thumbs up

mounted mine in the stock horn location along with my Ward's cooling fans on my '07 ultra classic. had 1 on my dyna as well. NICE AND LOUD

Old 06-13-2019, 11:04 PM
tn_popo
Advanced
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I installed mine in the stock horn location, it's definitely louder than the stock.

Quick Reply: Wolo Bad Boy Motorcycle Air Horn ???