Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107" Build completed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:11 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the 107! I'm about the pull the trigger on the same kit. I don't have the ACR but they will be added because you are right about these Houston summers. Any tips on the install? How do you like the AutoTune?

Old 01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CLL375
Congrats on the 107! I'm about the pull the trigger on the same kit. I don't have the ACR but they will be added because you are right about these Houston summers. Any tips on the install? How do you like the AutoTune?
I believe you can have your heads drill for the ACR's and then buy them and the wiring harness.

Autotune ROCKS! I advanced my timing today in the 100% throttle range and Autotune made the adjustment just like it should by taking away fuel. If I have time I'm taking the bike to San Jac tomorrow for some map pulls.

This motors gets quite pissed when you twist the throttle.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Great line!!!

This motors gets quite pissed when you twist the throttle.

That is a beautiful saying!!! Thanks for the great write up. The more of these I read the more I think i might borrow the cam bearing install tool and try it myself, but then i think again and the thought of me doing it is out of the question.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CLL375
Been eyeballin' this one too. So what about those install tips? Plenty of cold beer & some phat Don Collins up here!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
It has a SERT for fuel management and has had four different tuners attempt to tune, without success. Best numbers as it runs now is 108t 107h.
I'm not trying to turn this into a HQ vs FM thread, but those results are not typical of the HQ kit. I have a 103ST Headquarters kit and it pulled 112/122 with SERT, stock throttle body/injectors and a Bassani Road Rage. I had pinging initially, but a Jagg 10 row oil cooler cured it. Of course, I don't live in a hot climate like Houston.

That said, I think the FM kit is the best bang for the buck this market has seen in a LONG time. I have no doubts it will continue to provide repeatable results and will only keep getting better as the FM crew continue to push for improvement.

Zach

Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I will be watching this one. I am thinking of upping the HD 103 I'm running now. This is sounding like a very nice option.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:26 PM
CLL375
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Been eyeballin' this one too. So what about those install tips? Plenty of cold beer & some phat Don Collins up here!

Looks like we are right up the road from each other. I'm right off Westlake. Maybe an install day is in order.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master

As promised, here are the charts.
SAE: 115 Torque | 97 Horse
Uncorrected: 118 Torque | 100 Horse (It was a good day in Houston!)

Keep in mind this is with 220 miles using Autotune ONLY, no manual tuning was involved. After more miles and more timing is added, I'm confident this motor will produce even better numbers. The A/F looks good and with more miles the Autotuner should correct the FBW dip. As it is right now, I could not be more happy!

As for the JackPot 2-1-2 header, I used to run a Fat Cat. When I would downshift a couple of gears the Fat Cat would cause the motor to wind up tight with back pressure and you could feel the power it was holding in reserves waiting for you to twist hard and red-line as you pass. I'm getting that same feeling with Fuel Moto's 2-1-2 header and the Rinehart slip-ons. I like it!!

Let me add that the motor is still amazingly quiet!

This kit is solid and the price is right. Thank you Fuel Moto!

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto 107" Build completed-107sae.jpg   Fuel Moto 107" Build completed-107uncorrected.jpg   Fuel Moto 107" Build completed-saerunfile.jpg  

Last edited by CigarCritic; 01-20-2011 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Added runfile scan for the SAE
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

That looks great CigarCritic. Over 100 ft lbs right in the area we all ride in. Miles of smiles with that. Congrats.

Zach

Old 01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
CigarCritic
Road Master

Originally Posted by Biggzed
That looks great CigarCritic. Over 100 ft lbs right in the area we all ride in. Miles of smiles with that. Congrats.

Zach
Thank you, Zack. I'm very happy with this build.

Tim

Last edited by CigarCritic; 01-20-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 107" Build completed