Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide handlebar options

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:55 PM
pappashelby
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jg5884
Porkchopsd - where can I see those MOC mirrors? Going to try Khrome Werks 300315 and wild 1 wo575, next week, to see which bar feels better. Hopefully one will block the mirror less than the other, but comfort will ultimately rule. Seems like these are two of the most popular bars out there, although it appears the 575's are better quality. I don't know if I'll see much difference, since most of the bar is covered by the fairing.

I have the 300315 and need a little more pullback. Do the 575's have the same (close) grip angle ?

Old 02-20-2011, 12:14 AM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know if the Roland Sands Vintage Short Stacks would work on the Street Glide? Any pics?

Old 02-20-2011, 02:04 PM
brockjohnny
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ergo back bars and I have a couple of issues with them. The banjo bolt on the brake hits the bar which limits adjustment on brake lever. The wrist position is much flatter but uses up what ever pullback you gain. Cannot rotate bars down to gain more pullback as they hit the gas tank console. This is on a 2010 street glide. For me was a huge waste of $

Old 02-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Wonderbob
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mixter
Anyone know if the Roland Sands Vintage Short Stacks would work on the Street Glide? Any pics?
Great question I was going to ask the same thing!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,006 Likes on 21,322 Posts

Many have went to the Kromewerks sweepers +2, including myself.
Granted they are not the fat chubbies, (1.25 inch, fat bars) but your after market grips will fit better than they will on the chubbs.
On the clutch side you will have a space that due to the way the chubbies are made your grip on the clutch side will not slide on all the way..
The KW Sweepers have a more straight grip where as the chubbs are more like buckhorns as in curved back.
The KW's are $70 bux where as the chubbs are right at $200, so there you have it..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ld1-wo575.html

Old 02-21-2011, 08:13 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

I am definitely going with the Wild-1 WO575. For my 07 ElectraGlide Classic.

The Wild-1 guys tell me I need to get a 4" extended cable for throttle, idle, brake and clutch, but that the wiring is okay.

Cany anyone confirm the need for these cables? Also, where's a good place to buy them?

Old 02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered the wild 1 575's from Dr.V Twin. There a sponsor on here. Getting the cables and everything from them. Also don't forget to get the new 1 piece clamp for your bars too.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:08 AM
porkchopsd
Tourer

Just got her back had the 575s, nostalgic grips, kuryakyn wide blade levers, diamond steel braided lines finally installed. Been saving and buying parts for months, rode all day and I love them, they feel like they have the same angles as the factory bars only pulled back 2 inches and up a couple of inches just the right combination for long haul comfort. With the stock bars my arms were almost completely extended in the spot I was most comfortable riding so I found myself leaning forward or slouching over and if I wanted to lean back on a drivers back rest my arms would have been uncomfortably extended with no way to make a sudden turn. With my new bars being closer my arms are bent perfect at the elbow even when leaning back, you can see how they pull back in the first pic, the second one just shows how clean and thick they look Whether you install yourself or have someone install the bars, take a dremmel with a stone attachment and deburr the edges of the holes where the wires run, make it smooth, I think they punch the whole out rather than cutting it which leaves it sharp, you or the person who runs the wires will appreciate the attention to this detail.

Street Glide handlebar options-dscf0158.jpg

Street Glide handlebar options-dscf0144.jpg

Last edited by porkchopsd; 02-22-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:42 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

I swear, I think Im going to have a set of bars custom made. Looked at all the choices, none of them are quite right. Biggest problem being the stock ones are REALLY close to what I want, and all the others are too much change.

I just want an inch or two back, and inch higher, and a SLIGHTLY straiter wrist angle.

Ergo bars look TOO strait to me. Sweepers are probably the closest, but from what I have read, sit too low. (I have my stockers rotated as far up as they can go) HD pullbacks are like wheelbarrow handles.

And ALL of them for some reason, seem to feel the need to be 3-5" wider. ??? Don't need or want any more width (and inch or two would be ok, but not more than that.

Wish Yaffe made a set of 8-9" monkey bars.

Im seriously consider a custom made set.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Jg5884
Intermediate

Totally agree with you flyingace. I just want to go back, nothing else to change. Just now recovering from a fight with an SUV. Bike is being rebuilt(10k of damage) and I can't ride for another 6 weeks. Miss my Glide.

Quick Reply: Street Glide handlebar options