Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Sunglo

Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
StreetGlide10
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Sunglo

I'm interested in purchasing a new 2010 Street Glide with Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Sunglo as my color choice. I was wondering if anyone has pics of this bike because the HD Website does not show a true representation. Thanks everyone!

Old 11-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

There is a thread that is less than a week old with pics that you are looking for. However, having seen the pics and the actual bike in person at my local dealership (Killer Creek HD, Roswell, GA) the pictures don't come close to capturing the colors, especially the flake in the paint. And that's no criticism of the photographer who posted the pics. I've taken them as well with a good digital camera outdoors in bright sunshine and my pictures were no better than those posted in the earlier thread.

If you are trying to decide if you want to buy the bike, you must see it in person IMO to appreciate the actual colors.

Edit: Here's the picture thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ide-today.html

Last edited by Harleypingman; 11-05-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
fxe77rebel
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree - you need to see it in person. Just bought this color combo on the Limited. I've a couple pictures in my "garage". Check out "WYEKNO".

Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM
agentofchaos53
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fxe77rebel
I agree - you need to see it in person. Just bought this color combo on the Limited. I've a couple pictures in my "garage". Check out "WYEKNO".
Love the color..I am waiting for our dealer to get one..he said he would sell it for msrp but guess I will see when it gets in..Have you added anything yet?I am thinking about chrome front forts..

Old 11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
nextorion
Cruiser
Default Merlot/Cherry

Got one. Colors change significantly depending on the lighting. May appear red and black under dimer conditions. In the light, the Merlot may be a dark merlot with a high level of metal flake. Different angles can appear as a metallic black, to an almost root beer - we even noticed an almost emerald color from one specific angle. It is really pretty cool under almost all conditions. The cherry is generally a red to a metallic red, but varies a lot less than the merlot in the sun. Even watched the salesman pass this bike in the garage, as he thought it to be a black and red bike under the dimmer lights. I've seen all the colors so far and none of them are poor choices in my opinion. The white and blue has an awesome white pearl, the blue was rather a lighter color than the web seemed to indicate and seemed to change from the light blue to a purplish as you walked around the bike. The black and black was really sharp, but only saw it in a dimly lit warehouse - would have liked to have seen it outside.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think it is a great color combination !

Old 11-10-2009, 09:01 PM
NECaveman
Tourer

Find the bike you want and roll it outside into the sun and take a walk around it. Before I bought my 09 red hot sunglo a guy passing by in the shop told me to wheel the bike outside and look at it in the sunshine. The sunglo really lights up in the sun, not inside the shop.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I saw a Limited and SG last weekend in that color....I think you'll be quite happy with yours. Wish I could handle the payments...I would have bought the Limited.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
jdbush23
Cruiser

I just got this color on my 10 SG and agree in the sunlight it is a totally different color, almost like my black cherry streeet bob was.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree u have to see it in the sun inside the bike looks red and black outside the bike is a completley different colors...Awesome color by the way

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Merlot Sunglo/Cherry Sunglo