Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   Screaming Eagle Supertuner vs. PC FIVE (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/607765-screaming-eagle-supertuner-vs-pc-five.html)

BaggerSam 02-08-2011 02:38 AM

Screaming Eagle Supertuner vs. PC FIVE

I am glad to be back to forum. I have a tough decision. Which is better the Supertuner or the Power commander five? Which one will give the best performance?

dawg 02-08-2011 07:16 AM

Are you limited to only those two choices? The new Dynojet PowerVision is out. There's the TTS Mastertune as well.

BaggerSam 02-08-2011 08:16 AM

Well, no it isn't the only choices. I didn't know about the power vision. However, I was caught between two places. A specialty shop that is installing the power commander V and the Harley dealer who wanted to do the Supertuner.

OutdoorJoe 02-08-2011 09:22 AM

To me it would all depend on how good the actual tuner (the human tuning the bike) is. You could say the power commander is the best thing in the world but if it is tuned by someone who doesnt know what they are doing the bike will run like crap. Same can be said about the supertuner. I would talk with the actual person who would be doing the tuning, try to determine their competency and go from there.

07FLHT 02-08-2011 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by OutdoorJoe (Post 7890132)
To me it would all depend on how good the actual tuner (the human tuning the bike) is. You could say the power commander is the best thing in the world but if it is tuned by someone who doesnt know what they are doing the bike will run like crap. Same can be said about the supertuner. I would talk with the actual person who would be doing the tuning, try to determine their competency and go from there.

+1 :icon_ditto: :icon_that: Excellent advice!

Beak 02-08-2011 10:21 AM

Most tuners will tell you they are great!!!The proof is how your bike runs when you get on it. As said, the SEPT is as good as the tech, or tuner using it. Had the SEPT on a 10 SEUC, the dealer couldnt get it to run right. The dealer put a PCV on it because they used a canned map.
If you find a tuner, ask around or ask on this forum, usually if they are good, folks know of them. If they are not good......you will hear about that too. Good luck.

2black1s 02-08-2011 11:09 AM

I'm a DIY'r and anything to keep me from having to go back to dealer (or an indy for that matter) for work on my bike is a determining factor for me.

That's why I chose the PCV w/AutoTune.

If you're having the work done by someone else, find a tuner (person) you have faith in and use the tuner (hardware/software) they recommend. I think you'll find this philosophy to be the most common recommendation from those knowledgeable on this subject.

JayStronghawk 02-08-2011 11:14 AM

The Tuner in my area recommended the PCV and stated he will wring every inch of HP and Torque can get from it and that was the most comfortable working with .. So went with PCV ...

BaggerSam 02-08-2011 01:41 PM

Thanks it looks like I made the right move going with the power commander. The guy doing the work seems very knowledgable. Thanks again for the feed back.