Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada??? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/608272-us-harley-dealers-cant-ship-to-canada.html)

ThePointman 02-09-2011 05:02 PM

US Harley Dealers can't ship to Canada???

Tried to buy parts from Zanotti's HD due to the markup in Canada thanks to Deeley Canada's monopoly. Couldn't add a Canadian address to ship to. I sent an email to Zanotti's to find out why.

Here is the reply I got back:

Hi,
We are sorry to say that with the recent policies handed down by HD we are no longer doing International sales/shipments. This includes Canada.

WTF? I mean no insult to my US brothers but the Canadian dollar is above US and on a 38.00 part at Zanotti's the same part in Canada is $80.00??? This is seriously out of line...

cowboy Harry 02-09-2011 05:05 PM

get somebody down here to buy it and ship to you ????

cowboy Harry 02-09-2011 05:07 PM

Try another dealer just to see. try lakehsore.

dansflhti 02-09-2011 05:18 PM

Oh no,say it isn't so.

Ribaldmanikin 02-09-2011 05:20 PM

That's odd. I ordered a service manual from Zanotti's last week. They must have changed their policy recently. (Canada Price for the service manual: $140).

Also, check ebay. There are a lot of dealers on there that would probably ship to you/sell through ebay.

I don't buy anything at the dealer if I can help it. I'd love to support them, but as long as Deeley is marking everything up 150%, I can't justify it.

bbs15 02-09-2011 05:21 PM

Its not the US dealers fault.The main problem is here in Canada, " Deeley". He is the sole Canadian distributer and HD instructs all US Dealers that they cannot sell to the Canadian Market. It is the same with new bikes also. They CAN'T sell anything new to us. but they can sell us used bikes or parts.

bigdady 02-09-2011 05:29 PM

hell let me know and i will pick it up for you and ship it up there just pay me back

i have a dealer right down the street

Originally Posted by ThePointman (Post 7896230)
Tried to buy parts from Zanotti's HD due to the markup in Canada thanks to Deeley Canada's monopoly. Couldn't add a Canadian address to ship to. I sent an email to Zanotti's to find out why.

Here is the reply I got back:

Hi,
We are sorry to say that with the recent policies handed down by HD we are no longer doing International sales/shipments. This includes Canada.

WTF? I mean no insult to my US brothers but the Canadian dollar is above US and on a 38.00 part at Zanotti's the same part in Canada is $80.00??? This is seriously out of line...

3itodd 02-09-2011 05:32 PM

why dont you get a truck and trailer go buy it and bring it back.. thats what a guy did when I sold him a screamin eagle fat boy..

dansflhti 02-09-2011 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Ribaldmanikin (Post 7896299)
That's odd. I ordered a service manual from Zanotti's last week. They must have changed their policy recently. (Canada Price for the service manual: $140).

Also, check ebay. There are a lot of dealers on there that would probably ship to you/sell through ebay.

I don't buy anything at the dealer if I can help it. I'd love to support them, but as long as Deeley is marking everything up 150%, I can't justify it.

Wow,what service manual cost $140?I've bought a few in the last couple yrs and they were only $90 up here,but I picked them up in NH for $48.

Twinrider 02-09-2011 05:59 PM

www.adventureharley.com out of Ohio does international sales. Add 12off to the coupon box at checkout for a 12% discount.