Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanting a solo seat for street glide

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 10:01 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanting a solo seat for street glide

i am wanting to put a solo seat on my new 06 street glide (new to me ) i have a corbin 2 up right now let me have everyones opinion on what type of seat you like and why

Old 12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want comfort, try a Mustang Solo w/Backrest. Lots of adjustability. Great quality. Beautiful chrome on the removable backrest. There are lots of choices and some of us have tried more than one, so my words of wisdom would be......TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!
Experienced, I am!

What ever you do, don't buy a Saddlemen: see below..

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/287390-saddlemen-seats.html

And PS, congratson the new ride!!

Old 12-01-2008, 10:10 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 03harleyrider
i am wanting to put a solo seat on my new 06 street glide (new to me ) i have a corbin 2 up right now let me have everyones opinion on what type of seat you like and why
You have one of the bests seats money can buy now. How about a Corbin Stinger? - very nice seat - solo with an attitude!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:12 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2005 road king custom. It is very simialr to the sg, in that the dash is longer than the other touring line. I thought long and hard about what seat to get. I finally broke down and bought what is IMO the most comfortable solo seat ever made by the factory. I bought a police solo air ride seat. Some do not care for the looks, but I think it gives my bike an old school look to it. And, seeing as this is the seat the factory puts on for the police department, which has riders in the saddle for 8 hours a day, that was proof enough to me that it had the be the best long haul seat. As proof to myself, I had this seat on my bike for the 1918.6 miles (round trip) to mecca this past augest. After making the ride, I could have literally turned around and gone right back. I had absolutely zero, nada, issues with my butt (or back) hurting. Now, I did have to jerry rig a backrest for the trip, but in the end, I could not have had a better ride. Now, this seat is not designed to fit our bikes. But, I used just a couple of washers under the bracket, to clear the dash, and I had no problem mounting it. Also, Mustang makes a passenger seat that matches the police seat, for when you want to bring your honey. Now, I am going to figure out a way to mount a backrest that will be attached to the bottom of the seat. That way, as the seat rises up and down, the backrest will go with it. You can use the hd backrest, but there might be an issue, as the backrest is mounted to the fender, and does not move. So, you might pinch your back. But, I had a similat setup when I made the ride to Sturgis, and I didn't get pinched once, so I might just go with the hd backrest. Good luck in your search. I know I found the perfect seat... for me.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

for looks I like the HD Brawler!

Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Frankie-FLHXI
Road Master
Old 12-02-2008, 06:16 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sure like my Mustang Solo. But you will hear people who dont. You will also hear people who dont like Corbin. I guess it'd be a perfect world if we could try the seats out first.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not look at the Corbin Classic Solo ???

Old 12-02-2008, 07:32 AM
03harleyrider
Advanced

peppa the corbin classic solo is my first choice like the way they look and wont have to buy a different backrest either thanks for your imput

Old 12-02-2008, 07:40 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on what you want. I don't like the idea or the feeling of setting up, on top of the bike. If you want low and down in the bike, look at C & C seats, or Corbin, there are others out there, but I only have experience with the C & C . I love it and the way it makes my bike look. Customer service is outstanding.

Quick Reply: wanting a solo seat for street glide