Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott Air Shocks have a slow leak

Old 04-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Reef Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott Air Shocks have a slow leak

Has anyone with Arnott Shocks ever had a small leak they couldn't find..? I used the 'ol soap and water technique on all the fittings I could touch... I couldn't reach the air fitting on the compressor itself...

I suspect the leak is internal to the compressor.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you given them a call?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Reef Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by slothy
have you given them a call?
yes...

the system was bought used and they are not going to warranty any components...

that's why I'm looking to those who've possibly been down this road before.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
131tman
Road Master

Maybe a top shaft seal. Air up to 100psi, spray away, look & listen...easy to find. Anyone I know with Arnott's has had issues. Blown/leaking shocks, failed switches/compressors, bad solenoid, broken brackets, etc. Less than impressed with any Arnott component...JUNK!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM
angelrod
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 131tman
Maybe a top shaft seal. Air up to 100psi, spray away, look & listen...easy to find. Anyone I know with Arnott's has had issues. Blown/leaking shocks, failed switches/compressors, bad solenoid, broken brackets, etc. Less than impressed with any Arnott component...JUNK!
so what you recommend for air ride ? with a five years warranty

Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Reef Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 131tman
Is the top shaft located inside the compressor itself..? Or would I be able to get some soapy water on it externally..?

Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Gdub
Cruiser

I have had Arnott's on my V rod for 3 years now, I just put them on my SG this past weekend. When I installed it, I had a little trouble, but got it resolved, now it works flawlessly, have put 500 miles on the bike since install. Arnott is a pretty good company, call and talk to Corey. Normally even if you bought it used they are willing to help you out.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

To find those hard to find leaks take the system off, air it up and submerge in a tank or bucket of water. The bubbles will show the leak. Been down this road before and it is the sure fire way to find it. I soaped and sprayed for hours and never found the leak until I did the submerging trick.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM
notrailers
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on keeping them I would look at Legends. I had a set since 07. They failed twice. Lifetime warranty on the shocks. No questions asked, both times got a RMA number and got them back repaired within 10 days. They will not hassle you if you aren't the original purchaser.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Reef Rider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kruzin
To find those hard to find leaks take the system off, air it up and submerge in a tank or bucket of water. The bubbles will show the leak. Been down this road before and it is the sure fire way to find it. I soaped and sprayed for hours and never found the leak until I did the submerging trick.
I will most likely have to do that. I would assume that "if" I can't detect a leak by submerging at the components, then the leak would have to be inside the compressor...

Doesn't make sense to switch to legends quite yet. If I can't resolve this by leak testing, then I'll consider it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arnott Air Shocks have a slow leak