Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order Parts TO Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 PM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I found jireh very good, ship to my door and no extra charges.They use Fedex.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nrhd.com worked really well for me, usps to canada

Old 03-30-2011, 09:25 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Checkout Robs Cycle in NY . Awesome discount prices, very reasonable shipping via USPS.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default ....

You're close, broker it yourself.
Have your discounted order shipped to Blaine, WA or Point Roberts....The Letter Carrier, or a FedEx/UPS store.
Just have it shipped C/O Yourself at whatever location you've chosen, and go down and get it yourself.
I do it all the time, and not just for Harley stuff. I do EVERYTHING, but I go down into WA state once a week.
PM me and I'll give you my phone # and I'll fill you in. You'll still end up paying some Duty and taxes, but the savings with our $$ the way it is currently and the 'hosing' we take from HD up here will save you a ton of cash.

CN

Old 03-31-2011, 07:24 AM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

www.jpcycles.com works great for me.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
RidemyEVO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alot of the above mentioned suppliers are very good but they all stop at the border and get nailed with custom and brokerage fees.As well any places that ship with UPS have other added cost. I found with jireh you can ask on the phone and they will tell you exactley how much it is to your door, no hidden costs. I was told from jireh that they use to use uos but the canadain customers were complaining because they always got hit with extra charges so they switched to fedex.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Writeoff2014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anytime you need something shipped see if the can send it USPS priority or even if it is USPS you won't get dung with anyone of the crazy fees. That ups and FedEx do. The only way to avoid those charges is to have he air ship it but then the shipping is unbearable. USPS is your best bet. I have things shipped to me all the time that way and for everything else it's dropped shipped into Michigan and I go import it myself.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:42 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 307 Likes on 194 Posts

I actually made some purchases from "Canada's Motorcycle" and "A Vicious Cycle" recently.

When I order from JP Cycles I pay the crappy exchange on my credit card. Tax shipping. EVERY TIME I go to the post office and pick up the stuff there are extra duty and taxes.

The two I mentioned earlier I pay the tax, and if it is over a certain price it's shipped free. And when you really look in to the pricing versus the USA pricing then add the national currency rate (which the average Joe DOES NOT GET,) your costs are comparable. Then when you get to the post office you aren't hit with GST and more duty to get it.

My motorcycle is pretty much where I want it. (Ha ha) and so the fact is I don't need much more from online or dealerships.

A buddy of mine just bought a Road Glide Special and he went through the P&A catalog (like most of us did) and picked out this part and that we put it on a spreadsheet and compared CAD price versus USD price and installing ata dealership south of the border I think it was a break even with the current exchange rates and also considering a Canadian shop rate of $149 hr and $75 in the USA.

I wanted to see if there was a Canadian Harley Davidson dealership that sold mail order to Canada to get those last few items.

In summary- with the USD at its current rate, it's better to buy in Canada. If we are back at par... Probably not the case.

Lastly I don't have any interest in the companies - were buying stuff for Sturgis 2015.

H

Old 02-07-2015, 02:07 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Living in the UK and having owned Harleys since the '70s I smile when reading threads like this. I guess the indignation we read from Canadians has something to do with being on the same land mass as the USA? Just imagine that the border is actually an Ocean and get on with it. There are plenty of solutions, as are repeatedly mentioned on HDF over time, but the baseline is that you are importing foreign stuff from 'overseas'. You should see what brand loyalty costs us over here.......

Last edited by grbrown; 02-07-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 02:25 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Living in the UK and having owned Harleys since the '70s I smile when reading threads like this. I guess the indignation we read from Canadians has something to do with being on the same land mass as the USA? Just imagine that the border is actually an Ocean and get on with it. There are plenty of solutions, as are repeatedly mentioned on HDF over time, but the baseline is that you are importing foreign stuff from 'overseas'. You should see what brand loyalty costs us over here.......

You can't compare shipping to Great Britain to shipping 5 miles over the US/ Canada border.

The exchange on the dollar is something that is a fact of economic life, what burns most Canadian' ***'s is the influence Deeley Canada has on everything.

It doesnt matter if you drop ship to the US, if your banking info is based in Canada, U.S. HD dealers are not allowed to sell it to you. Aftermarket dealers are happy to take your Canadian money.

It doesnt really matter with the present exchange rate anyway, even with Surdykes discount, it works out almost even with shipping and exchange.

Quick Reply: Mail Order Parts TO Canada