Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Removed my forks to get the lower legs powder coated black...I stood there staring at the bike, no forks, and I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be something to upgrade the audio system", so I took out the radio and speakers and sold them, and ordered a new radio, amp and speakers. Then I though "hmm, that new radio with a blue face just isn't going to match those yellow gauges", so I took them out and sent them out to have the LED's changed to blue. Then I kept looking and though "well if I have the fairing this far apart, then I should probably just remove it and have it painted". Well now here I am:

Old 02-13-2012, 01:56 PM
cltgt
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might as well have the handle bar clamp powder coated black too... :-)

Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mglax13
Removed my forks to get the lower legs powder coated black...I stood there staring at the bike, no forks, and I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be something to upgrade the audio system", so I took out the radio and speakers and sold them, and ordered a new radio, amp and speakers. Then I though "hmm, that new radio with a blue face just isn't going to match those yellow gauges", so I took them out and sent them out to have the LED's changed to blue. Then I kept looking and though "well if I have the fairing this far apart, then I should probably just remove it and have it painted". Well now here I am:

Man, your taking the "AND THEN" to a new level... thank god you ran out of stuff up there... unless you add the raked triple trees and add a 23" while ur there... just sayin...

Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
GutWrench
Novice

My Dad on his Super Glide and I on the ole Street Glide rode just a touch under 200 miles.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tore everything down and started to do my Bar replacement with WO575's... Man that TBW sucks to fish those connectors into the bars along with all of the right hand control wires.. But all done with that on to assembly and Clutch cable change.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Joker65
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GutWrench
My Dad on his Super Glide and I on the ole Street Glide rode just a touch under 200 miles.

Now that's just uncalled for!!

I took my rocker boxes apart and removed the roller-rockers; re-installed the stock rocker arms, adj pushrods, etc.
(Even modified the SE rocker supports to use stock bolts.)

Rode ther bike about 2 miles, at 10:30 at night, in 33° temps!

Top end is running much more quietly now!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 AM
Stonehedge
Cruiser

Got my Khrome Werks Wide Sweeper +2 bars on. They sure look and feel great in the garage. Now for a weather break to get to try them out for real.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
MIBPreacher
Cruiser

Woke up at 420am, got ready to ride after confirming it was 41* outside and not raining. Went to the garage and installed my new Screamin Eagle plugs and then drove 62 miles to downtown DC in rush hour traffic wearing my new HD Gauntlet Goretex gloves, fingers still a little cold. Took 1 1/2 hours to get to work.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 PM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by lickmstickmman
Man, your taking the "AND THEN" to a new level... thank god you ran out of stuff up there... unless you add the raked triple trees and add a 23" while ur there... just sayin...
Haha, I seriously considered the trike trees...no money for the 23" though, that's not on the radar for a long while, but I liked the raked look off the trike trees. I also should probably not just put the forks back together with the stock components, but again, I have more time than $$$

Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM
jacobscott001@yahoo.com
Stage II

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  175.6 KB
Simple easy mod makes a pretty cool difference..
Removed stock air-filter cover and installed spanish cross

Last edited by jacobscott001@yahoo.com; 02-16-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?