Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 04:51 PM
barneyboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,621 Likes on 1,528 Posts

Originally Posted by MyFavRk
I just wasn't sure about them . Before I took everything apart I marked the cams where the tab was on the swingarm but noticed that the right side cam had a little play . So , just to be on the safe side I decided to make up this tool just to be sure . Honestly , this bike is the first one I've done a tire change on with this type of setup , others had marks which are pretty accurate .
If one side, or the other wasn't contacting the boss, then it wasn't done right the last time. The wheel needs to be pushed forward until both cams contact both bosses, then snug the cone nut to 15-20 ft-lbs. Then final adjustment can be made via the weld nut. This ensures the cams remain in contact with the bosses. The weld nut must remain stationary when applying final torque to the cone nut (95-105 ft-lbs), otherwise the cams can back off their respective bosses. I use the Jim's third hand tool to ensure the weld nut remains stationary when applying final torque. My belt runs true, good enough for me, as far as rear wheel alignment goes.

The following 2 users liked this post by barneyboy:
MyFavRk (04-24-2019), rubberguy (04-29-2019)
Old 04-24-2019, 05:32 PM
MyFavRk
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,475 Likes on 3,899 Posts

I did notice that while I was removing the wheel . The left side wasn't touching the boss . I put close to 7000 km on the bike since I bought it , but didn't notice anything odd about the way it rode . I appreciate you giving me the steps on getting the tire back on . I haven't even opened the manual since I bought it , but I will give it a read through before I do . Now , as far as the Jim's , I have never seen that tool before , but it looks as though it is something that would come in very handy . I may just make up one of those and hang the tool I just made on the shelf . Thanks again for your help , can't wait to get out for a ride , it's been a long winter and I need some " me " time .

Old 04-24-2019, 05:47 PM
2wheelwanderer
Road Master

Received 518 Likes on 260 Posts

Bolted on a new set of Progressive 444's the UPS man delivered today, changed all the oil, and aligned the rear wheel, which was skewed about 1/4"-3/8"

New suspenders ride SOOO much better than the factory air shocks. Not near as cushy/soft/floaty, but much more composed and confident.

Also soldered in new batteries on the TPMS sensors on my Kawasaki, but that's another story.

Good day.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:37 PM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2016 FLHTK Ultra Limited

Had front/back brake fluid and clutch fluid changed and refilled. 8,400 miles.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Captain Glide
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Perfect! Thank you.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:20 AM
dkollar
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost some weight

Had a Tour Pack quick detach installed.

The following users liked this post:
4Evr_Cruzn (05-05-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,827 Likes on 1,441 Posts

Put on an HD lock on my '16 FLHTK's gas cap door. Plus swapped out the silver 'Live to ride.." gas cap door for one with the copper-gold eagle on it. I found it new on Craigslist for 1/2 price and a nice half day ride.
And everyone was right. The HD lock is difficult to push the unlock button down. But it's a kinda security thing.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Harleyjunky
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Installed front fork deflectors to hopefully get rid of the buffeting issue I have.. ugly as hell but if they work I’ll tolerate them..

Old 04-26-2019, 05:36 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyjunky
Installed front fork deflectors to hopefully get rid of the buffeting issue I have.. ugly as hell but if they work I’ll tolerate them..
They look just like the ones I installed on my '18 Heritage. They were a must on the Heritage as wind buffeting from below was real bad. IMHO, they don't look bad.

On my new '19 SGS, after installing the 8" Freedom Recurve windhield, I don't find the wind buffeting to be too bothersome. I did install the Kuryakyn Lower Tripple Tree Wind Deflector, Touring, Black. I did seem to help a little with the little buffeting I was feeling, but nothing dramatic.

When you get the high winds that we have been experiencing for the past couple of weeks (15 to 30 knots plus higher gusts), cross winds are going to move you around no matter what. However, on calm days I realy don't notice much wind buffeting to speak of from below. I actually find the Glide very stable.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Harleyjunky
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
They look just like the ones I installed on my '18 Heritage. They were a must on the Heritage as wind buffeting from below was real bad. IMHO, they don't look bad.

On my new '19 SGS, after installing the 8" Freedom Recurve windhield, I don't find the wind buffeting to be too bothersome. I did install the Kuryakyn Lower Tripple Tree Wind Deflector, Touring, Black. I did seem to help a little with the little buffeting I was feeling, but nothing dramatic.

When you get the high winds that we have been experiencing for the past couple of weeks (15 to 30 knots plus higher gusts), cross winds are going to move you around no matter what. However, on calm days I realy don't notice much wind buffeting to speak of from below. I actually find the Glide very stable.
yeah I added the lower tree dog dish as well.. went out today and before at 65-70 it was bad but today hit 70 and it was really smooth.. so guess I’m gonna keep them on..

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?