Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tank Lift-Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM
bigdogx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tanki lift

but you have too to paint it. and install handle bars.

Old 03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DK... i have a 2011 FLHX... can i see photos close to the frame where the tank bolts go and hardware you include with the tank lift... i'm getting the itch to lift my tank too... hoe does it affect airflow to the rider ? better or worse ? the stock front tank bolts are covered with a plastic cap, if i use your lift, its there a way i can hide the hardware ? would like to see more photos if possible.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by papifun
DK... i have a 2011 FLHX... can i see photos close to the frame where the tank bolts go and hardware you include with the tank lift... i'm getting the itch to lift my tank too... hoe does it affect airflow to the rider ? better or worse ? the stock front tank bolts are covered with a plastic cap, if i use your lift, its there a way i can hide the hardware ? would like to see more photos if possible.
Here's a pic of what is in the kit. You will not need the hose on your 2011, that is for earlier models.

Here is a pic of the tank lift installed...you can click on it to make it bigger, but that is all there is to see. (look at the right side center of the pic)

The air coming over the top of the tank is reduced, similar to when using a fork baffle. That air that used to come over the top of the tank is now being pushed over the engine instead of over the top of the tank...one of the reasons it cools it down.

There is no way to use the plastic covers when using the tank lift, but we make them in powder black to match the frame.

I have seen guys paint the washer and fasteners so they blend into the black of the frame. Also you can probably get some rubber covers for them.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com