Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP! 2007 FLHX brake light and turn signals not working

Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM
pugetsoundstreetgliding
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP! 2007 FLHX brake light and turn signals not working

Hello.

I am looking for some help trying to figure out why my brake light and turn signals are not currently working. The stopped working after I installed the module from Harley-Davidson part number 69462-06B between the lighting connection on the rear fender (under the seat) of my 2007 FLHX Street Glide - the brake light lense does not get brighter when the front brake lever/rear brake pedal is engaged and the turn signals do not flash when the buttons on the handlebar is pressed.

After noticing that the brake light and turn signals were not working I unplugged the module and re-connected the connection as it was prior to installing the module. The brake light and turn signals still do not work.

The tail light portion of the brake light stay lit when the ignition switch it turn to "RUN" and the turn signals flash when the ignition switch is turned off to signal that the security system has initiated.

Has anyone ever run into this problem? Any ideas on how to fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:56 AM
heavyhitter01
Cruiser

Did you check your fuses? Stands to reason that it worked before you plugged that module in that it should work again if you removed it unless you blew a fuse or left a connector unplugged.

Goodluck Sir!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

Replace the fuse, or at the very least check it with a meter. I stared at the same fuse for one for two days that appeared not to be broken. When I got the meter out of the top of the tool box, hey what do you know...bad fuse.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:04 AM
cooper57M
Tourer

delete message

Last edited by cooper57M; 04-14-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Wrong answer
Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the fuse popped when you added the plug. Always pull main fuse or disconnect battery before doing elect so not to blow fuse.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 AM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Definitely a fuse, don't remember which one but mine did the same when I installed the brake/turn module...

Old 04-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,524 Likes on 3,777 Posts

I am going to assume you know for sure all was OK before you pulled the connection and plugged the 69462-06B in line. Two things could have happened. One is since this is just a diode block made in China it could have had a bad diode and blown a fuse. If it was OK I am not sure with the key off just pluging it in would blow a fuse. However you need to get all working before you try it again. My bet and just guessing is in pulling the plug by any chance did you pull of the wires. Its not hard to pull the small internal connectors apart inside the plug. My converter was just a block with a male and female plug that plugged in line and there is not way to screw this up. Double check you have correct number part and that your signals, alarm and lights are stock .

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 04-14-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

Root cause?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Not sure this is the same thing or not but I recently had a similar experience. For no apparent reason my brake light and turn signals stopped working. I had made no modifications to anything. They would light up as running lights but would not flash nor would the brake light get brighter. I ran my bike down to the dealer for an inspection since its still under warranty. After about an hour or so the Tech came out and told me the light module in the lower rear fender was "faulty" and needed to be replaced. Unfortunately the largest Dealer in New Mexico did NOT have this part in stock. Having no idea HOW MANY StreetGlides this Dealer has sold I was a bit put off by the fact they had no parts inventory but thats another story for another day. It just so happened that I had ordered the replacement module that also acts as a brake light/running light but had yet to install it. I went back home and got my module and they replaced the "faulty" module with the one I just happened to have. Problem solved. Still would like to know how the OEM module "failed" or what caused it.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 PM
jess265
Stage II
Default Found my problem

I know this is an old thread but in case others are looking for an answer to the same question like I was...
My front and rear running lights were working fine but my turn signals and brake lights were not... ended up being a fuse and it wasnt the lights fuse. It was one labeled accessories.

09 Street Bob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP! 2007 FLHX brake light and turn signals not working