Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bitchin Baggers Drop Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,189 Likes on 2,456 Posts
Default Bitchin Baggers Drop Shocks

okay, so my shocks came back from bitchin baggers today, so just had to take some time and install them. shocks are a pretty straightforward install/remove so i did not take any pics of the process, just the before and after.

but first, before pics, i gotta say that ron and the crew at bb really did an outstanding job. and i would like to thank cheeze for a great deal on some air shocks from a limited so i had virtually no down time. i sent the shocks out last fri afternoon, and received them in today's (thurs) mail. thats what i call service!

the stock shocks were the 13" from a limited, and i had them dropped 2" to 11". that's a 1" drop from the 12" shocks on my custom. it isn't really obvious in looking at the pictures, but i did not want to drop it too much and lose any road cushioning that i had. as it turned out, i don't really notice much difference in the quality of the ride, either due to the shocks or the increased rake by dropping the rear down. ron gave a starting point of 20-25 psi and said i should increase by 3-5 lb increments until i was happy with the ride. i started at 25 psi and did a quick road test of about 35 miles. i might need to do some fine tuning, but so far, it feels pretty good to me. we have a big run this weekend, so i'll be able to figure out more then and adjust the air accordingly. ron says you can go up to 60 psi on these. and for me, it is strictly solo, there will be no 2 up.

now on to the pics:

before:

after:

you can see the difference if you look at the amount of the brake rotor exposed, otherwise, doesn't look much different....

but with my short legs, i'm a happy camper now.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 AM
formdog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet. My shocks need to go asap.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Have you dropped the front suspension at all? If you did, what did you use?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,189 Likes on 2,456 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Have you dropped the front suspension at all? If you did, what did you use?
nope, front is still stock. one of these days, i plan to change the fork oil, but haven't gotten around to that yet. on my old road king, i followed iclicks post and changed out the oil to the se heavy and it made a huge difference in the quality of the ride, but its more involved to get to the forks on this bike so just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:00 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks pretty good

Old 04-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Booga
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same Experience, but I was there for mine

I had my shocks on my Glide lowered by an inch, and also dropped the front. It was the best thing I have ever done. I have short legs, so the reach was a factor, but the improvement was mainly in the handling. It is like it is on rails. I also had the Bagger Brace installed. I have the tightness of the "09 frame and the comfort of the '08 frame at the same time.