Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 06:48 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
I did look at the chart and saw the flat tops didnt have a high comp ratio. guess ill look at the 10.5:1 pistons see what they cost.at this point I'm starting to run out of money wonder if rings are included in the cost. the bike doesnt have wiring installed for acrs. I bought a harness and what a pain in the capital A hooking these things up. I figured there would just be a plug to take a dummy plug out of and just plug it in a and enable them with my race tuner. no dummy plugs you have to pull your fuse box off. move pins 3a to 3e them pull pin 3b move it to 3f.
then pull pin 4a which is fuel pump and move it up to 3a. take new harness and plug one lead into 3b and the other into 4a. then you have to pull the plug that goes into the ecm and add a new pin to the plug in the 19 spot which Im guessing fires the acrs when you push the start button.
SE Forged Stroker Pistons for CVO ™ 110, SE 110+,
CNC Ported MVA or ACR Performance Heads P/N 22137-08B
not sure I would want the 11:1 its hard enough to start now with the 255 cams even with my manual decompression releases
You should really loose those 255 cams. I would use the tman 590 or 662-1 cams with a compression of 10.5-11:1.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:29 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
You should really loose those 255 cams. I would use the tman 590 or 662-1 cams with a compression of 10.5-11:1.
590 or maybe the 625 in the T-Man line, I just can't get real comfortable at much over .600 , and certainly wouldn't be looking at a .660 , but that's just me and I'm not normal!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default leaving cams

Im happy with the 255 s i wanted a torque monster for driving in hills of penn. and virginias, one day hope to go through mountains out west. Id be happy to just hit 100 hp and 115 torque. gonna see about new pistons tomorrow hope i can find a set at the 5 dealers near me, hate to wait another week for them, not looking forward to getting cylinders over the rings again , was a pain the first time.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:31 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default qtr racer u still out there

I ordered the 10.5 pistons 22137-08a sst rings. you said your intake closes at 42 degrees didnt help me much . It would be alot more help if I knew your cam number. 203-257-258-260-263 then I look at charts in se catalog for lifts and compare to mine. Im guessing .030 gasket i see in the posts is a thinner gasket than the standard one. old one I took off is squashed to .047 and new is about .055 . so I will probably use the .055 gasket since It gives me a squashed gasket added clearance of about .015 for valve -piston cleance and will get me a bit closer to comp ratio for the 255 cams.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Aces&Eights
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not checking back in sooner, the motor has been rebuilt twice now by the dealer holding the warranty, we are up to 90 hp. The motor has been down to the HD motor company and they have not been able to find anything wrong with the parts, the rocker boxes were clearenced in the beginning. A leak down test has been down a couple times and the it leaked down less than 2%. Every step that has been taken so far has been by the direction of the Factory tech line. We are not sure what direction to go at this time. This is the second kit that has been installed. We believe the problem to be the lack of compression. Harley has confirmed that we are using the right gaskets that were included in the kit, however we only have our squish is only .068 which seems like a lot to me, but the motor company says that is within spec. So we have contacted higher up the food chain at Harley to come up with some answers, I will keep you posted as I get info back.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow. One of my local HD dealers built a buddy's 103 that dynoed at 113/116 on a stingy dyno. Hope they get that figured out for you!

Old 05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it sumping oil because of the oil pump alignment...? You probably already checked that... Best wishes to you and hope your out riding her soon...

Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights
Sorry for not checking back in sooner, the motor has been rebuilt twice now by the dealer holding the warranty, we are up to 90 hp. The motor has been down to the HD motor company and they have not been able to find anything wrong with the parts, the rocker boxes were clearenced in the beginning. A leak down test has been down a couple times and the it leaked down less than 2%. Every step that has been taken so far has been by the direction of the Factory tech line. We are not sure what direction to go at this time. This is the second kit that has been installed. We believe the problem to be the lack of compression. Harley has confirmed that we are using the right gaskets that were included in the kit, however we only have our squish is only .068 which seems like a lot to me, but the motor company says that is within spec. So we have contacted higher up the food chain at Harley to come up with some answers, I will keep you posted as I get info back.

What about the pipe? I was at "the dealer" checken your bike out (looks AWESOME by the way!!) and was told the pipe is the problem (I find it VERY hard to believe). 3-6 horse sure but not that far off.

You should be making 110hp EASY........ I have tried twice to have those guys tune my bike and they weren't even close either time! They seem to have a phobia about getting the AFR correct for starters.....(I wont even go into what else they have screwed up).....Oh and the second time the bike quit running on the second pull and would do nothing but idle..they checked everything and couldn't make it run......It seems it was low on gas!! and it took 6 hours to figure that out..... lol So I had Jamie at fuelmoto tune it.... Does an excellent job.

So MY .02 unfortunately is take it somewhere where they know what there doing......as they wont ever touch mine again....

Good luck....

Last edited by Coolhawg6622; 05-03-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights
There is a major piece of your lost compression puzzle. Can you clarify that number though. Are they telling you that is truly your squish or is that how far down the hole the piston is at TDC? If it's the latter, then your squish is that PLUS the thickness of your head gasket. Total squish should be between .030 and .040 for a street driven HD. Just for further clarification, I have my 103" set-up at .032 squish. My pistons were .005 down the hole and I'm using a .027 MLS gasket. .068 is totally unacceptable. If HD says that is within spec, get it out of there. To give you an idea on how this effects your ccp, go plug your numbers into the Big Boyz compression calculator.

The entire install would be suspect to me at this point. Rings installed upside down, intake and exhaust pushrods reversed, intake leaks, cylinder to piston fit, everything needs to be checked. The techs standing around scratching their heads is not the right answer. Settle up on the bill with them and take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Zach

Last edited by Biggzed; 05-03-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
What about the pipe? I was at "the dealer" checken your bike out (looks AWESOME by the way!!) and was told the pipe is the problem (I find it VERY hard to believe). 3-6 horse sure but not that far off.

You should be making 110hp EASY........ I have tried twice to have those guys tune my bike and they weren't even close either time! They seem to have a phobia about getting the AFR correct for starters.....(I wont even go into what else they have screwed up).....Oh and the second time the bike quit running on the second pull and would do nothing but idle..they checked everything and couldn't make it run......It seems it was low on gas!! and it took 6 hours to figure that out..... lol So I had Jamie at fuelmoto tune it.... Does an excellent job.

So MY .02 unfortunately is take it somewhere where they know what there doing......as they wont ever touch mine again....

Good luck....
We did a build on an EVO that was not performing as it should and spent many days on it. Called Bob Woods and told him our issues on the dyno and he said change the exhaust. That bike gained 20RWHP from an exhaust change. Probably not his issue on his 113" but that can be a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 113 Problems HELP!!!!