Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise control not working, troubleshot to roll off switch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:58 PM
newguy07
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control not working, troubleshot to roll off switch?

Need help with cruise control on 07 Ultra, as soon as it engage it kicks out, read manual, ran codes found code 112 for roll off switch, adjusted cables and did continuity test at CC module connector for roll off switch. The problem i am having now is when the bars are turned to the right it compresses the idle cable and makes the roll off switch close (have continuity) my cable comes directly out of bottom of fairing and goes under tank, has anyone else ran into this issue is the cable supposed to be cable tied to harness to keep from compressing the roll off switch when turning bars? I guess if all else fails i can just disconnect one of the wires to switch but in case of emergency the throttle roll off cc disengage could be helpfull.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
frittsk
Tourer

Try giving your cable a little more slack. Worked for me.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:48 PM
newguy07
1st Gear

I adjusted cable to full slack and it will still close the roll off switch when turing to the right. The cable itself is physically moving towards the gas tank when the bars are turned to the right causing the switch to close. I tried and cable tie around the cable and main harness in front of the switch but then the throttle does not return freely due to compression of cable tie. i wonder if the cable is supposed to move back and forth and maybe it is not routed properly under the gas tank causing it not move an compress the switch?