Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing stock street glide mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 11:36 PM
po1192
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing stock street glide mirrors

Looking for some feedback or ideas for filling in my stock mirror holes. How about some type of audio addition. Like extra tweeters...etc...If you have any ideas or pic's please share. I see the little chrome accessory Kuryaken sales, but that looks cheezy IMO.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Phat09flhx
Road Captain

If you take a look on Ebay they offer black plugs, not sure if they are a Harley item or not. Guess you could put tweeters there if you use an adjustable mount to direct the imaging.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by po1192
Looking for some feedback or ideas for filling in my stock mirror holes. How about some type of audio addition. Like extra tweeters...etc...If you have any ideas or pic's please share. I see the little chrome accessory Kuryaken sales, but that looks cheezy IMO.

I have just gotten my 09 and i can't see #$%@ in the mirrors, only my knuckles . I have put short stem mirrors on and love them. I took them off my Deuce to see if that is what i wanted to do and it is. The bike is in shop for warranty work and i will have them remove the stock mirrors. Saying all that to say i have heard on here of getting plugs at Lowes and Home Depot and maybe even Ace Hdwe.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by po1192
"Küryakyn" is "cheezy" in Chinese. That's how they came up with the name.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Tweeters do look allright there.

I used the "plastic fender plugs" I found at Lowes. They do make a couple just the right size to cover both holes.

On a car they just push in but on the fairing I used a nut on the back side. They will tighten up real nice.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
TXSTGLIDE
Advanced

How about some conchos?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
MBrown
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to lowes fastener isle and found a drawer marked automotive. They have fender plugs for a Chrysler that will cover both holes but the stem is too small. I put a few rounds of electrical tape on the stem and pushed them in. Great fix for less than $1.00. I found the info on this site somewhere.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Conchos?

Old 11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 05-08-2011, 11:00 AM
sch
Stage II
Default Poker Chips

Had the same dilemma and didn't like any of the after market parts so came up with this idea.

Used a 3/8 x 16 x 1-1/2 Elevator Bolt, a Poker Chip from the local Harley dealer and the stock nut used from the stock mirror.

The elevator bolt gives you a flat service wide enough to cover both holes in the fairing. I also used some silicone to help with preventing moister getting inside the fairing.

Mount the the elevator bolts first, then apply supper glue to the head of the elevator bolt and the back side of the poker chip.

Position the poker chip (or other idea) where you want it and allow to sit for a few seconds.

Oh yea make sure your fingers are not glued to the poker chip

Attached Thumbnails Replacing stock street glide mirrors-pokerchip_elevatorbolt_2.jpg   Replacing stock street glide mirrors-pokerchip_mounted_1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Replacing stock street glide mirrors