Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after 2 riding seasons,lowering blocks coming off

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:51 PM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after 2 riding seasons,lowering blocks coming off

im only 5/4 but after a couple of seasons i find that i can handle my 09 sg pretty good back at stock hieght. even though im not flat footed even on my reach seat and dg speed craddle i am so used to the bike it dont bug me like it used to, and i can tell a huge difference in the ride when the road isnt the best surface. i should get my 2011 street glide seat back from mcc this week that i had them lower and rework it some. ride safe all.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Well done. I've ridden bikes for over 40 years and rarely have been able to get my feet flat. I can only get the ***** of both feet down on my Glide. The flat-footing thing is very recent and not necessary. Practice makes perfect!

Old 05-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

Yes it takes time to master the skill and confidence, long time ago I was stronger and bike was lighter and still had tough time handling it.But after putting 85K + miles on my 2 UC it comes natural how to handle the beast.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by frozensoul
im only 5/4 but after a couple of seasons i find that i can handle my 09 sg pretty good back at stock hieght. even though im not flat footed even on my reach seat and dg speed craddle i am so used to the bike it dont bug me like it used to, and i can tell a huge difference in the ride when the road isnt the best surface. i should get my 2011 street glide seat back from mcc this week that i had them lower and rework it some. ride safe all.
So, I take from what you said that the lowering block had a adverse effect on the ride. Could you fill me in with more details on how they made your bike ride rougher... Thank you.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 PM
transguy
Intermediate

1" blocks on the rear, 1" lowered mono's in the front. still rides like a stock street glide. but lower & on rails!

Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 AM
frozensoul
Road Master

bike handled fine in all ways but bumps and i mean small ones were hash as hellat times. even tried adjusting air in shock to different settings but nothing was as good as stock, at least for me.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM
transguy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by frozensoul
bike handled fine in all ways but bumps and i mean small ones were hash as hellat times. even tried adjusting air in shock to different settings but nothing was as good as stock, at least for me.
i thought a stock glide was pretty rough on bumps with 6 miles on it. i think you have to give something up to look cool!

Old 05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have often wondered how lowered bike riders tolerate the ride along with bottoming out and scraping something. I guess there are those willing to sacrifice the ride for looks.

I have considered lowering mine but glad I haven't.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I want to lower mine, but don't want to lose ride quality. Been debating it for awhile.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
michael427
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a lowering kit for mine 3 years ago when I got the bike and it's still on a garage shelf. I love the look and ride the way it is and I go 2 up alot so I'll probably throw it on ebay.

Quick Reply: after 2 riding seasons,lowering blocks coming off