Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another HUGE fan of George Anderson's relocation kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Another HUGE fan of George Anderson's relocation kit!

I meant to take pictures, but it went on so quickly and easily that I was done before I remembered to document the install.

Anyway, the '11 Ultra Classic had a little less passenger room than my wife wanted, so I called George and ordered his Tour-Pak relocation kit. As others have said, George is an incredibly cordial man, and he shipped me the kit that day and it was on my front porch two days later.

Very high quality item and it fit perfectly. Really nice touches such as threaded bosses, beautiful painted finish, and even an American flag sticker on it! George's instructions call for removal of the tour-pak, but I didn't need to do that. But you have to be careful with you loosen that last bolt so that the tour-pak doesn't slide off the stock rack! Anyway, it fits perfectly and the job was all done in about twenty minutes.

The kit raises the height of the tour-pak about 3/4 of an inch, but that's not noticeable. I set mine to give me 1-1/4 inches of additional room, and that's just about perfect for my wife. There is a wide range of adjustment available, so this should be a perfect way to gain some more room.

Very, very highly recommended!

George Anderson
"Doer of Things"
(309) 236-0952

Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Plus One, George is a Great Guy with a First Class product.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife loves the extra room the George Anderson kit gave her. Had one my 04 Ultra and let it go on the trade to the 09. One of my first upgrades on the 09 had to be the tour pack relocator. George is a 1st class person to deal with, excellent product.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the kit going for these days?

Old 05-13-2011, 10:05 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Subscribed...will be ordering one this summer

Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a question- I installed mine recently, and started with the middle adjustment position (1.5" back). I have a Corbin Dual Tour, and although the passenger part of the seat is a good size, my BSR said she felt in order to lean back on the backrest of the tour pak and sit straight, she was sitting part way off the rear of the seat. In other words, what's the point of adjusting it the full 3" back if the BSR can't sit squarely on the seat? I mean the seats are only so long.

I moved it up to the front position- 1.25" back- and I'll get her to try it again. Plus, it was only one ride that she formed her opinion on, so I'll give her some time to get used to it in the 1.25" position first.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:38 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

The great thing about how George has engineered the kit is that it presents a few different options, so you can experiment to see what works best for you.

The "kit" (actually, one solid piece plus nuts & bolts) sells for $175.00 at this time with free shipping direct from George.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great product and upstanding person. Amazing how he just ships product before payment. Highly recommended.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:32 AM
johntbest
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a website? And more, is there a passenger backrest relocator kit? I am about to take it to the metal shop and have it cut and relocate the sissybar and then have it chromed again...

Old 05-31-2011, 07:33 AM
TexasVet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same kit, installed it about three years ago and the quality was superb with step-by-step directions to install. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: Another HUGE fan of George Anderson's relocation kit!